|12|

so recently I read about quantum physics; and the most striking knowledge of the core understanding I got is that basically we are made of mathematical wave with probability distribution :') which means... I might or might not be here with you... probably lol

then I thought about inertial navigation that space vehicles etc use to know exact locations. sometimes the depths of knowledge scares me because of how different and contrasting each topic is, but they correlate with each other; some are proven some are theories but they all help our life in such a tremendous amount we couldn't even calculate.

"where's taehyung?" jimin cluelessly asked. usually taehyung would arrive before seven to drink coffee together with jimin, but the teacher room felt so cold and lonely without his presence (his soulmate sense was tingling when it felt something amiss). the younger male would always text him when he ran late or when he couldn't go to work; which almost never happened unless it was something inevitable like sickness or heat--

"eh?" jimin stood up after wondering silently. "is it that time already?"

alpha and omega had heat cycles three times a year. for a normal cycle, heat and rut happened every four months. beta didn't have to deal with them, something to be grateful because it wasn't bothersome (but also something for some people not to be grateful for because less day-off).

ever since taehyung and jimin had worked at the school for one year, jimin had seen taehyung going missing for three days two times. they weren't as close as best friends before at the first time, but jimin was determined to visit his best friend on the last day to supply him some medicines and food, just like he did on taehyung's second heat this year. he was a beta, on top of that was mated too, so taehyung's pheromones pretty much came out faintly to him.

"yeah," jieun, the biology teacher, said. "taehyung-ssi is in his heat leave. apparently his heat has started since saturday so he'll be here tomorrow already."

"I see," jimin thoughtlessly replied. taehyung usually texted him on the first day of his heat, though. omegas tended to feel lonely when they had no one to spend their heats with, jimin knew this because his sister was an omega and taehyung told him the last time he visited during his heat. it wasn't like jimin felt unneeded as a best friend, he only wanted the best for his best friend, unless he had already had someone... unless... wait---

no way. taehyung had never said about having someone significant to jimin. his best friend had constantly third wheeling him as long as he could remember for the past year.

whether or not taehyung had a partner, jimin would visit the omega's apartment today anyway.

"ah, jimin-ssi," cha taekyung, a beta from administration, came trough the door and called the PE teacher. "sorry to inform you so late but you're supposed to take all PE class for today. jeongguk-ssi took a rut pay leave today. said about forgetting to inform since saturday."

"ah, okay," jimin said. "...eh?!"

"eh? saturday?" jieun's head popped out from a thick biology book with a curious look on her face. "that's the same day taehyung-ssi had his heat."

dahye, the physic teacher, laughed. "what a coincidence, isn't it? right after we went on a trip together."

"hush," byun baekhyun, the history teacher, said. "please, ladies, stop before it turns to gossips."

"but aren't you the one who loves to gossip the most?" the chemistry teacher, irene, deadpanned. from the back of the room a snort was heard from yoongi's cubicle. the other teachers laughed as baekhyun childishly sent a silly face to Irene's direction but stopped when suho glared at him.