afternoon tea

17th july
it was late afternoon sunday. yesterday, you had been out with your mother and had a rather pleasant day. you had chatted about work and just life in general. she asked you how the party had went the previous night, and you had told her about the princess, obviously leaving out the part where she had kissed you on the cheek. even the thought of the kiss made butterflies swarm through your lower abdomen.

now, you were sat in you study going through some of your papers. they weren't particularly interesting paper so your ears immediately pricked up when you heard the phone ringing from within the foyer.
jumping from your seat, you bounded into the hallway grabbing the phone and bringing it you your ear.
"hello, y/n y/l/n speaking," you said nervously having no clue who had called on a sunday.
"her royal highness princess margaret had requested a phone call with you. is now a good time?" the gentlemen on the other end of the line said, and you nearly chocked on your own saliva. you had completely forgotten you had told margaret to call you.
"yes, i'm free. put her through." you said anxiously, fiddling with the ring on your middle finger.

there was a rather long beep, before a video echoed from the other line. her voice.
"hello, y/n? is this you?" her posh accent filled your ears.
"yes your royal highness, it's lovely to hear from you." you said politely, you voice cracking slightly from the nerves.
"ahh there you are, i've missed your voice." she responded making you blush. you could practically see her smile through the phone, which these days, was quite a rare sight to see.
"i've missed yours as well, ma'am." you said slightly more confidently.
"anyway, i called to take you up on your offer of tea." she continued on firmly.
"of course ma'am, when would be best for you?" you said, giving her the option of picking the date.

"how about tuesday 2pm at the ritz? how does that sound?" she said sounding rather pleased with herself.
"that would be lovely ma'am i cannot wait." you said with a nod of your head, even though she couldn't see you.

"very well then, i'll see you tuesday. good evening." and with that, the princess hung up the phone.

TIME SKIP TO TUESDAY:

you awoke fairly early, to bird chirping happily just outside you bedroom window. you rolled over lazily grunting, not having the energy to rise from your bed just yet. you lifted your head slightly to take a glance at your alarm seeing that it is only 9:00am, and deciding that it would be alright if you closed your eyes for just another half an hour. after all you weren't meeting the princess until 2pm.

you awake for the second time that day, to now a large banging down stairs and then you heard you father call up to you.
"sorry darling, didn't mean to slam that door."
"it's alright papa." you called back groggily.
once again, you rolled and checked your alarm clock to see that it was 12pm. you had definitely slept a bit more than half an hour.

swearing under your breath, you tumbled out of bed and straight into your bathroom. once inside, you stripped off and hopped into the shower for a 20 longggggg minutes. squeezing the water out of you soaking hair, you stepped out and wrapped a warm towel around yourself. taking your face wash out of the cupboard, you proceed to do your daily skincare routine.

massaging you skin gently, you spread the face wash across your face, deep into your pores.
splashing your face with cold water, it cooled you down slightly, from the warm summer atmosphere.
finishing the rest of your routine up, you walked into the bedroom and stood for a while in front of your extremely large wardrobe contemplating what to wear. eventually, you decided upon another skintight dress, however this one was a bright ruby red.