kensington palace

"where to ma'am?" the driver asked the woman sitting next to you.
"kensington palace," margaret said, clearly unaware of your flabbergasted facial expression.
"ma'am, but what about me?" you said purely out of shock.
"what about you?" she said unfazed, by your bluntness.
"well, may i ask why we're going there?" you said sobering up slightly at the shocking news.

"why do you think? y/n darling i live there." she said effortlessly, as if it was the only answer there could have been.
"yes i know that but i don't live there, and if my memory serves me right, i recall you saying you were taking me home." you said still confused. however during this wave of shock you had become blissfully unaware of the hand now creeping higher and higher up your thigh, that was until you felt a gentle touch on your inner thigh, right next to your core.

as you turned your head towards the princess, in shock, margaret took this opportunity to give you a reply, while a large smirk was on her face.
"yes well, i changed my mind. i want you near me, when your drunk so i can look after you."
"i- u-um i-, that's rather thoughtful of you," was all you were able to utter out you were completely at alias for words, flustered by the lady sat next to you.

"now darling, be a good girl and rest. you'll definitely have a headache tomorrow considering the amount you drank and your tolerance." she said lifting an eyebrow turning her head to look at you. the way her posh accent said the words "good girl" cause swarms on top of swarms of butterflies to float around your stomach and a cherry tint to appear on your cheeks.

for the rest of the car ride, you layed your head on to the princesses shoulder and relaxed as you slowly felt the alcohol pass through your system.
when you had finally arrived at the large manor, you were amazed to say the least. stretching out for at least a mile, the palace spread out just on, from what you could see was a extremely large piece of land. i mean, what did you expect it she was a princess after all. to concentrated on the beautiful piece of architecture before you, you hadn't even noticed that the princess was stood outside of the car waiting for you to exit. 

"oh by all means move at a glacial pace, you know how that thrills me." she said sarcastically. what you had observed from the many times of meeting the elegant lady was that she rather enjoyed sarcasm.

"oh uh sorry." you said snapping from your daydream and tumbling out of the car far less elegantly that the princess previously had.
"mhmm." she hummed as she linked your arm to stable you and together, started to enter the palace.

"now, you're going come to my bedroom for a moment while they prepare the suite is that alright darling?" she said glancing over at you.
"arrr, yes of course margaret, thank you." you said looking directly into her eyes for a moment.
"margaret? what happened to ma'am?" she said in a playful tone.
"oh lord, i'm so sorry ma'-" you were cut of by a cackle coming from the woman walking along side you.
"dearie, i was only joking. i told you to call me by my first name, it's fine." she said still chucking.

once you had reached her bedroom door, she opened it allowing you to enter first.
"what a gentlewoman." you said raising an eyebrow.
"only for you darling." she said with a wink, as she too entered the room. blush rather evident on your cheeks, it made the princess chuckle to herself as she sat on to her bed.

"something funny?" you asked still slightly flustered my her rather flirty remark.
"sit." she said ignoring your question entirely and patting the spot next to her.
you walked over, and sat down next to her in silence taking over the room for a minute.

it had a gold theme running through it, with eccentric patterned covering the ceilings and the skirting boards. the paint covering the walls was a warm shade of creme. it fit her aesthetic perfectly, bougie yet sophisticated and not tacky like you might of thought. she had a creme dresser placed in the right corner of her room next to the window, on which stood an alcohol cabinet. her bedsheets were a golden silk material that felt beautiful to the touch.

"drink?" she said standing and walking over to her cabinet.
"i thought you said you brought be here to supervise me while i'm drunk, not get me even more drunk." you say, gaining some more confidence and raising an eyebrow at the lady.
"yes well, as you can probably infer i change my mind quite a bit. so, i would appreciate if you would answer my question. drink?" she replies opening her cabinet and selecting a bottle of bourbon and two glasses.
"only if your having one, wouldn't want to be a burden." you say politely.
"i wouldn't offer you one, if it was a burden now would i?" she said raising an eyebrow, and pouring the brown liquid into the glasses.

setting the bottle back into the cabinet, she picked up the two glasses and sat back beside you, handing you one. you took the glass thanking her politely, to which she responded by taking a rather large gulp of her whiskey resulting in her finishing the whole glass, and to be fair it wasn't a small glass either.

"your welcome." she said as she stood, again reaching for the bottle however this time she didn't pour it into her glass but rather exchanged the two and brought back the bottle and started taking large sips of it.

"may i ask you a question?" you said, feeling the liquor trickle down your throat slowly.
"you just did." she said wittily.
"okay then another one."
"i suppose."
"if you brought me here to look after me while i'm "drunk" why are you drinking as well?" you questioned out of pure curiosity.
"because, i can't let you have all the fun now can i?" she said smirking, while also raising a sophisticated eyebrow.
"yes but i mean by the time your finished drinking you'll be drunker than me. i don't know if you've noticed but i'm not that drunk anymore." you said plainly.
"i knew what you meant. the reason i brought you here will stay the same either way." she said widening her smirk even further if that was possible.
"and that is what? because originally i'm sure it was to take care of me, not for me to take care of you."
"originally. however the new reason will stay safe with me." she said chuckling and tapping the side of her nose.
"now," she said, slapping her thigh gently and rising once again from her seat. "i rather enjoyed our last dance, and i'm guessing you did too. so dance with me?"
"oh what an enticing offer however i must decline. my feet are so very sore from being in these shoes all day." you said absolutely knackered at this point.
"oh come on, do loosen up. you are being rather up tight. it's only me." she said in a whiny tone.
"exactly margaret. that's my point it's you. i think sometimes you forget who you are."

"i think you'll find i know exactly who i am. now as a sister to a queen and daughter to an emperor, i demand that you have this dance with me." she said matter of factly, walking over to the record player and starting the record.

figuring the better option would be just to give in, you slowly rise from your spot on the bed and sauntered over to the princess who was currently stood swaying gently in the middle of the room. taking your waist, she pulled you closer to her feeling your body heat against her own. you hesitantly leaned closer into her wrapping your arms around her neck, letting her head rest on your chest.

the slow melody of the song " c'est si bon" played as you stood there enjoying this pure moment with the normally quite reserved woman. you had zoned out the french words of the song from your mind, and now your sole focus was on their perfect lady in front of you. you stood close together, just taking in all of her features. her eyes, oh her eyes, how they glistened in the light. you observed every wrinkle that's as on her face, her smile lines, the ones just on the outer corners of her eyes. and in that moment, that's when you knew how fast you had actually fallen for her.

AN:
thank you so much for reading this chapter, i hope you enjoyed it. don't forget to comment and vote <3