Chapter 214

Midnight Singing was Suzy's first period drama in three years. The director was also an old acquaintance of Suzy, Korea's top literary film master Yonghwa.

Most of the movie was focused on the heroine. Jimin could barely be counter as the male protagonist and his scenes only added up to 20 minutes.

In any case, Jimin had no way to free up too much of his schedule to shoot this movie. Therefore, in the first half of June, the entire crew specifically filmed Jimin's scenes before waiting to film the other actors.

A year ago, Jiminie's acting in An Li made Director Park extremely depressed. The average number of NGs was four or five until halfway through the filming, where his acting skills were slowly tempered by Director Park. Finally, he made a great breakthrough at the end.

He wanted to thank Park CY for his fierce guidance a year ago. Now when Jiminie shot Midnight Singing, his acting wasn't equivalent to Suzy but it was enough to make Director Yonghwa satisfied.

In Midnight Singing, Jimin played Kang Chul, the younger brother of the heroine Kang Mina. He was a 17 year old boy who was beautiful. However, he was sick and lay in bed all year round, causing his skin to be pale and his spirit to be weak.

The background of the movie was the 19th century, more than 200 years ago.

At that time, Korea was in an important period of change in the feudal dynasty. Technology and new institutions were rising, while the ancient decaying dynasty didn't want to easily concede defeat. This caused a full 17 years of unrest.

In the second year of the 17 year war, Kang Chul's parents died in the war, leaving the two siblings behind.

No one knew how but the 12 year old Kang Mina fled from the gunfire to the big city of Seoul with her seven year old brother. But once they arrived at the so-called sleepless city, they were hungry and about to faint.

Maybe it was due to the lack of good food at the time of birth, but Kang Chul had been weak and sickly since he was a child. He wasn't able to walk independently until he was 12 years old.

At this time, the big Seoul was full of smoke. Despite being a peace zone, the feudal forces and revolutionary forces had infiltrated it, making it difficult for the young siblings to survive.

Kang Mina worked as a handyman during the day and carried goods at the port at night. Later, she was unjustly persecuted against because of her beautiful face. In order to take care of herself and her brother, Kang Mina was forced to endure the persecution and came to the biggest ballroom in Seoul, starting her singing career.

The name Kang Mina was famous to many people in this world.

She came to Seoul at the age of 12 and spent five years using her body to survive. At the age of 18, she was the most popular singer in Seoul with her voice and glamorous appearance. Countless people bowed before her skirt and vowed to be her guest.

Jang Hyuk only loved one person in her life. However, it was only a short term meeting. A revolutionary party member was ambushed by the enemy and lay seriously injured in an alley. Kang Mina had just come home from work and encountered him.

For three days, the lowly singer hid the young revolutionist in her home, listening to his stories about the uprisings in the south, listening to him speak about the raging battlefield and the unknown counties on the other side of the sea. He said that in the hearts of the revolutionaries, men and women were equal and love was free.

Three days later, the man didn't say goodbye. He knew that Kang Mina couldn't follow him before of her younger brother so he quietly left. On that day, Kang Mina held the letter left by the other person but didn't burn it as he said.