Chapter 13: A Visit From Charlie

It's been a few days since they all bonded, and since they all laid in the nest together. Everyone seemed to be getting even more along, maybe it's the atmosphere or the fact that they have a new addition to the house. But they all seemed to be more alive, a certain glow was in the air.

Even Ender seems to be more happy and content with everyone. He would go to them and give them a little kiss. They also kept their promise of him getting more Shiny objects. Though he still tends to take them whenever he sees them laying around the house.

He also cooks with Simon, ever since they cooked before, he kept on cooking. Though without his guidance he tends to put too much or too little. But they all laughed it off and still (or at least try to) enjoy the food that they make.

He still goes to Eric's office to hang and talk with to him, he even try's to teach him how to read the books. Though that was a big and difficult task. It was a lot harder to teach dragons. Since they see words differently, some letters get moved or changed to something else. (Dyslexia)

Though it happens to a lot of Beasts, more so to the ones with the more animal like Beasts. Mathew luckily didn't have much trouble with it, but he also grew up learning them. Ender didn't he was raised in the wild.

Anyway today was a whole different day, much like any other. They were either outside playing, or inside watching TV.

But today, something entirely new happen.
Though Charlie always comes regularly to the Beast house. To check on the new member or to just chat. But he's really wanted to come for awhile now. He's a bit attached to Ender, he's been chasing after him for awhile. He just can't imagine what is was like for him.

Plus he really wanted to thank him for doing the right thing. An returning all of the stolen jewelry.

A knock on the door sounded, Mathew went to the door and saw that it was Charlie.

"Hey Charlie, how are things at the station?" Mathew asked, shanking his hand and bringing him inside.

"It's good, a certain person thinks that it's alright to file a report on me, 'the head of police' because they think that I'm not capable of doing my job." Charlie said with an unamusing laugh.

"Really? Does it have to do with Ender?" Mathew asked.
Knowing that when he got there a deputy was giving him a hard time about what to do with Ender.

"Yes and no he's been on my case for awhile, so I did what was natural. I fired him, the department agreed with me and my actions." Charlie said.

As they stayed by the door but from the corner of his eye. He can see a certain short dragon peeping from around the corner.

Mathew smiled and subtly nodded his head to show that Ender was there. Charlie had called before hand to see how Ender was doing. Plus to see if he can come over.

Charlie nodded to show that he already saw him. Charlie looked to Ender and gently smiled at him. He kneeled on the ground and stayed there, waiting for Ender to come to him.

Ender just looked to him, he remembered him. He was the man that bought him into that room.
He wasn't bad to him. He was actually nice to him, he bought him food. An stopped that mean guy that was trying to hurt him.

"Hello Ender, my name is Charlie do you remember me?" Charlie asked.

Ender nods his head but still stayed by the corner watching from afar.