Chapter 17: Storm

They went inside, like they were told to. Though a little bummed, they knew when to follow orders.
Or at least Asher knew.

But what made it a little better was the smell of cookies. That had Asher running in. An a little hesitant Ender to come and creep around the corner.

Ender stayed there looking at the cookies, and licking his lips. He wanted the cookies too, they smelled so good. But the weather is what's ruining the moment. He's shaking, he's never liked this kind of weather. It was thanks to that day, that he's always scared it.

The booming and crashing of the thunder and lightning. It always scares him, and it probably always will.

Ender whimpers again as he hears the sound of the rain getting harder. The others haven't noticed yet, after all the rain was loud. An they were all laughing and messing around with the cookies that they were eating.

But it didn't last long, after all they were used to the little Dragon running around and lightly touched them. Almost making sure that they are still there, they all looked around. And that's when they saw him. Crouched on the floor around in the corner of the kitchen. They all went to him immediately.

They all crouched down and went to Ender holding him and trying to talk to him gently. Mathew immediately went to him as well, gently prying everyone off of him. Knowing that this is a delicate situation, much like any other. He was scared that was obvious. The only way to comfort him was ti cover him.

So that's what he did.

"Someone grabs blankets and headphones." Mathew ordered.
An that's what they did, they all went to get blankets. The most comfortable that they could find, and someone went to get headphones.

"Here I'm gonna move him to his nest, he'll be the most comfortable there." Mathew said.
As he set down Ender in the nest that was in the living room. He sat down next to him, and so did the others trying to help as much as they can.

"Here, I put it as loud as I can without hurting his ears." Asher said as he put the headphones on Ender.

Ender though on the other hand as tearing up. He was shaking badly and holding onto his ears. Trying to lessen the storm that's raging outside.
Ender is slowly calming down, it wasn't much, but he was calming down. He was shaking less, and the tears have lessen some too.

Mathew was stroking his hair, gently rocking him back and forth. The others were holding him too, gently telling him that he's okay and that there's nothing to be afraid of.

"He's gonna be okay, right?" Jake asked as he held into Ender's hand rubbing his thumb on the back of it.

"Yeah he will be he's just...he must not like lighting or loud noises in general. He'll be okay, this will most likely past when the storm does." Eric said.

"That could be hours." Cole exclaimed a bit to loudly.

" 'sighs' I know but what we're doing now is good. He's already calmed down, this is good. This also means that he trust us a lot to calm down. We're doing all that we can, Mathew reacted quickly that was good. I'll admit even I froze up, I couldn't even think of what to do in that moment." Eric admitted.

It's been hours into the storm, they've all done their best in trying to calm him down. It worked some, his breathing evened out. But it gets shakey when a big bang comes.
When it was over though Ender was still shaking a bit. He didn't move and no one moved him or even dared to move themselves.

"Scary." Ender whispered.

"Yeah they can be, but Ender it's just noise baby, your okay. Nothing will ever happen to you. You understand that right?" Mathew said/ask.

"Hmm." Ender hummed.

Burying his face into Matthew's chest, the others all huddled in one giant pile. Cooing him and petting him gently to comfort him. Ender hummed again glad that the others are there with him.

"Flowers pretty." Ender said.

"Yeah they were pretty weren't they?" Asher asked.

"Like all."

"You like all of them? Yeah they all have there own uniqueness. I'm glad that you like them though and the whole garden it seemed." Asher said.

"You seem to like a lot of things, that's good, your open to new things. That's good." Simon pointed out, noting how he seems to like everything that he's done.

"How about some cookies? I noticed that you didn't get any. They're good, I made a couple of them, everyone likes different kinds and I didn't know yours."

"Smells good." Ender said. Remembering the sweet smell of cookies before...Well they smelled good and he definitely wanted some.

"Okay then I'll go get you some. I think there still some, if the other Beasts hadn't eat it all." Simon joked, looking to the others.

They all laughed even Ender which they were all happy about. Glad that he seems to be feeling better.