snowed in

Violet's Outfit

Violet's Outfit

Shortly after we'd all reunited with Nini, and Miss Jenn had agreed to drive her to the bus station, the lights went out completely.

Since I was kinda like super afraid of the dark, I gripped Ricky's hand for dear life as we walked out into the hallway.

"Guys...look outside. It's snowing really bad", Carlos said.

We all looked, and saw that it was snowing super hard. Also, it seemed like everyone else who was at school for after school activities had left, leaving us as the only ones there.

"Ok, we need to find food, flashlights, and water. Conserve your phone battery and let your parents know you're ok every hour", Gina said, taking control.

"Yay!" Ashlyn and Big Red said, smiling at one another.

Ricky and I gave each other a look. Not to be like judgmental or whatever, but it was a bit odd that they were so excited to be locked in a dark, abandoned school during a blizzard.

After some more deliberation, it was decided that we would all split up. Ashlyn and I were instructed to go find food, so off we went.

"Do you have any food left over from lunch or something in your locker?" Ashlyn asked me, as we walked throughout the hallway.

"I have a big thing of Oreos. They were gonna be Big Red and I's rehearsal cookies for today", I laughed.

"Your rehearsal cookies?" Ashlyn laughed.

"Yeah, since we're usually on breaks at the same time, we've set up a system. We share cookies and watch movies on one of our phones during like big choreography days where we aren't in the scene. It's kinda fun", I laughed.

"Aw, I love that! Well, let's go to your locker and get the Oreos, and then we can see what's in the cafeteria?" Ashlyn suggested.

"Perfect!" I exclaimed.

After we'd grabbed the cookies from my locker as well as some leftover bags of chips from the cafeteria, we began to walk down the stairwell to the practice room.

"Why do I wanna sing in the stairwell?" I asked, laughing.

"No, but same. Like, I've wanted to sing 'I Won't Say I'm In Love' from Hercules in this stairwell since freshman year", Ashlyn said.

"Well, now we definitely have to do it at some point", I said matter-of-factly.

"Oh for sure", Ashlyn said, as we continued walking.

Once we made it down to the rehearsal room, we brought in the stuff we'd gathered and took seats in the circle with everyone else.

"So...who wants to...play charades?" Seb suggested.

We all agreed, so off we went.

It was kinda fun, and I played a pretty damn good flamingo if I do say so myself.