confessions and nostalgia

Violet's Outfit

Violet's Outfit

I missed Ricky terribly, and I knew that I'd screwed up by writing that song, but at the same time, I wanted an apology from him. He'd lashed out at me in front of a bunch of people at North High, and I was still super upset at him for that.

It sounded silly, but I always felt like I had to put on this 'everything is okay' facade when I was around Romeo and Lily and all them.

Two days after everything went down at North High, I drove to school while blasting and screaming along to 'Being Alive' from Company. The Kurt Hummel version of 'Being Alive', that is. For some reason, binging Glee had always managed to make me feel less upset and more in control whenever things were going wrong in my own life.

Maybe it was because of my crush on Quinn Fabray, hell if I know. But still, when I walked into school, I felt a lot more calm and in control.

Today at school was career day, AKA a whole day of me trying to stay awake and pretend I was interested in things I couldn't have cared less about. Due to how hectic the day was, we would be having rehearsal before school.

As soon as we got to rehearsal, we were told that due to our 'adventure' at North High as it was being called, we would be benched from rehearsal for the next week. Which just really sucked, because the next week would be work on Act 1, which is where I'd be having most of my scenes.

Today, they'd be rehearsing the Gaston scene that took place in the first act. The only people who were in the scene were Big Red, EJ, and the male ensemble, so all of us got to sit and just watch.

Not thinking much about it, I sat next to Ricky as usual. I guess he wasn't thinking much about it either, because as soon as I sat, he put his arm around me. Just like normal.

It was relaxing to sit there with him, just because, as much as I didn't want to admit it, I really truly missed being around him.

Once they were done performing the song, we all applauded them, just because they did the song amazingly well.

After that, it was time to head to the career fair. However, as I was leaving the practice room, Ricky pulled me aside.

"Vi, can we talk?" Ricky asked.

"Right now?" I asked.

"Maybe sometime later?" Ricky suggested.

"Yeah, sure! Want to come over to my house later or something?" I asked.

Ricky nodded, "that works. See you later, Vi", he said.

I smiled at him and then walked away off to my class.

As I'd predicted, the whole career day thing had been super super boring. Halfway through, Seb, Nini and I had even begun to play a shitty version of Pictionary using paper scraps I'd found in my bag.