the transformation

Violet's Outfit

Violet's Outfit

It was a week and a half until opening night, and we were barely ready.

Today, we were rehearsing the second act, specifically the scene where the Beast turns back into a prince. It was a fun scene, but no matter how many times it was ran through, it still just didn't seem interesting enough.

As I wasn't in that scene, I sat in the auditorium seats with Nini and worked on my homework.

After the tenth run through of the scene, Miss Jenn decided that that was enough for today. Even though it wasn't my scene, I still felt kinda disappointed just because it was super super frustrating that nothing was going right.

"Ok, guys, I have an idea. What if we split up, boys vs girls and see who can come up with the better idea for the transformation scene?" Ashlyn suggested.

"Ooh, ok! Kinda like a sleepover?" I added.

"Exactly!" Ashlyn said, smiling at me.

"What does the winner get?" EJ asked.

"Bragging rights?" Nini suggested.

"A free pizza of their choice?" Big Red suggested.

"Both, I guess", Ashlyn said.

"Whose house are we having this at?" I asked.

"The girls can come over to my house, just because I have a lot of room and a lot of crafting supplies", Ashlyn said.

"I guess the guys can come over to my basement? We have like old tools and paint cans down there", Big Red added.

With that, we split up into our separate groups and went to Red's and Ashlyn's houses.

Once we got to Ashlyn's we spread out on her living room floor with scissors, fabric, poster boards, markers, and a ton of different craft supplies.

"It looks like a craft store threw up in here", Gina laughed.

"Aww, thanks!" Ashlyn said.

"Was that a compliment?" Kourtney asked, laughing.

"I don't know, but I took it as one. I love shopping for craft supplies!" Ashlyn said.

"Literally same. I once spent three hours in Michael's", I laughed.

"Speaking of crafting supplies, you guys have got to see the fabric I bought! It's 100% authentic faux fur, and I personally think that it's absolutely perfect for Ricky's costume when it comes to the transformation scene", Kourtney said, laying the fabric out on the coffee table.

"I love it!" Gina said.

"Same, it's perfect", Ashlyn said.

As we continued planning stuff out and working on the costume, we began to talk about literally everything.