opening night pt 2

"You think you're ready to go back out there?", I asked Ricky once he'd calmed down.

"I'm not going to. There's a talent scout here for Nini, and I don't want to ruin her chances. I'm going to let EJ take over for me. She doesn't deserve for her shot to be ruined by me being a complete spaz out there", he said.

"You're not a spaz. You're way more talented than EJ could ever be, but I completely understand if you're anxious and don't want to go out there. Whatever you decide- to go back out there or to give EJ the part, I'll support you 100%", I said.

"I'm gonna go get back into my regular clothes. I can't stand sitting back here with everyone looking at me like I just fucked up their entire show...", he said.

"Did Ricky Bowen just say the Fuck word?", I asked.

He laughed.

"I have to go to get ready for "Wondering". I'll see you later?", I asked.

"Of course, I can't miss my girlfriend's big solo debut. I'll be out there in the crowd watching the whole time. Just look to me if you get nervous", he said.

I tried my hardest not to squeal. He'd never called me his girlfriend before.

"You're seriously the sweetest", I said.

"I try", he said, jokingly.

I kissed him real quick, and then I headed off to the dressing room to pick up my Act 2 costume.

Vi's Act Two Costume

I was a little nervous to go out there in front of everyone, but I knew I would be fine. Ricky was out there routing for me, Big Red was out there rooting for me, my mom was out there and so were my uncles.

I went out there, and stood on my side of the stage as Ashlyn sang. The whole time she was singing, Big Red was staring at her with the cutest look of admiration ever.

Then it was time for me to join in:

"Maybe I should turn around and take the other road, or maybe I'm looking for what I already know. I'm just wondering".

Then it was time for my solo. My first solo where I didn't feel like I'd puke at any given time. I looked directly into Ricky's eyes, as he was standing at the back of the gym, and I gave it my all.

"Feels like I might have broke the best thing that I had. I said too much to ever take it back, scared I'll never find something as I good, and would I even notice if I could. If I could go back and change the past, been a little braver than I had, would I still be lost? If I had everything, would it still mean anything to me?".

And then we got a standing ovation! All of them stood up for Ashlyn and I.

As soon as we went backstage, we were met by Gina and Sebastian, who both hugged us and complimented us on our performance.