the fight

Violet's Outfit

Violet's Outfit

    It was the day after the first rehearsal, and today it seemed like Val, EJ, and Carlos would be implementing a few new measures, just to ensure that our camp would prove to be dramatic enough to earn its right to be in the documentary.

I watched as much reality TV as the next girl, but to have to be in a reality show (and to be required to stage fake fights with some of my closest friends) seemed like a strategy to divide us all and make us hate one another.

We all sat in front of the stage in the Barn, listening to Carlos's outlandish plan to make us the next stage of the Real Housewives or some shit.

To start off, he'd first decided to assign random reality show tropes to us.

Just my luck, Ricky and I were cast as 'the disgruntled exes' which of course made my face turn a lobster-esq. shade of red.

I'd consider Carlos to be one of my closest friends, and honestly it hurt for him to assign Ricky and I those roles knowing what had gone down between the two of us.

At least Carlos would get the crying scene for the reality show that he wanted?

Who knows, maybe if I did cry on camera it'd get turned into a famous reality show GIF, like the one of Kim Kardashian crying or of Snooki asking where the beach was while walking along the beach.

After we were given instructions of the 'quota' (crying, a fight, a slap and audio being picked up on camera that wasn't supposed to be) we had to meet for this episode, the cameraman arrived and it was time to begin.

Two hours in, and we'd already had crying and a slap, and honestly it was super entertaining and was overall just a really cool acting challenge to take on. Now, I was waiting in the wings with Carlos, as we'd just finished the young Anna and Elsa scenes and were getting ready for the next ensemble type scenes.

"You know, we still need to film a fight!" Carlos said.

"Yeah. I'm sure that if prompted, Ashlyn will agree to fight with Val", I laughed.

"They're totally in love", Carlos said.

"Honestly, yeah. They'd be adorable together though. Good for them", I said.

"So, back to the fight..." Carlos added.

"Are you asking if I'll fake fight with you? Jersey Shore style? Because I so will!" I laughed.

"I was thinking more, you and Ricky? You are disgruntled exes! And the audience would eat that shit up", Carlos said, smiling mischievously.

"No! No way, am I putting my personal drama out there for the world to see!" I exclaimed.

"Well...will you at least consider it?" Carlos asked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Yeah, Carlos. I'll consider it".

With that, we all sat around the stage as Gina and Ricky performed the last number of the day, their duet of 'What Do You Know About Love?". Honestly, they killed it. I was super impressed by both of them, but still couldn't help feeling hurt by the fact that they seemed to have so much chemistry so suddenly.

Why was he looking at her like that? Like the way he used to look at me? Why was he staring at her like she was the only one in the room?

Why was it her instead of me?

As Gina and Ricky stepped off the stage, I quickly pulled Ricky aside.

"Vi? What's wrong?" Ricky asked quizzically, noticing the hurt expression on my face.

"You know what's wrong", I snapped.

"What? No I don't! Seriously, Vi. Is everything ok?" He asked.

I laughed humorlessly, "Yeah, everything is all sunshine and rainbows".

"Just tell me what's wrong. Did I do something?" Ricky asked.

"Yeah, you did! You're dragging my heart around like it's a game to you! Every time I think that things are ok between us, you go and fuck it all up again! That night, walking with you during the campout? I loved it. I loved being around you again. But then you ruined whatever progress I thought we were making by treating it like it was nothing to you! Like we're just friends now and I'm the crazy ex who just keeps dredging up the past!" I exclaimed.

"You're acting like the crazy ex! We agreed to take a break, and that's what I'm doing! You asked to take the break, I didn't. I'm just doing what you wanted!" Ricky exclaimed.

"This isn't what I wanted! You flirting openly with Gina? That's not what I wanted! I wanted this summer to be an opportunity for me to focus on bettering myself, but as soon as you got here that went right out the window. I don't know what to say or do anymore when I'm around you! I can barely function when you're around, Ricky. I regret asking for a break, I do. I wish I could take it all back!" I exclaimed.

"I do too, Vi. I wish I could take back the kiss, and the first date and everything. I liked you, but I regret it all. We weren't good together and we never will be", Ricky said.

I looked up at him, tears in my eyes.

"Fuck you Ricky", I snapped.

And that's when I realized that our microphones had picked up everything we'd just said...

Author's Note: Hey friends!!! I wrote this sporadically throughout the week during my classes, so I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense story-wise. Due to being busy with school, chapters of this will be released on a week-long delay (basically, all the chapters will be one episode behind the one currently released). I hope you enjoyed this chapter and all the drama I chose to include! I love you guys!

Love, Beth ❤️❤️❤️