color war

Violet's Outfit

Violet's Outfit

The day of the color war started out with absolute chaos. Corbin Bleu was in the boys cabin, apparently? Which left me wondering if fucking Vanessa Hudgens or someone would pop out of my closet when I went to get dressed.

It ended up being that I was on the yellow team, with Maddox as our captain. After I scrounged up the few pieces of yellow clothing that I actually owned, the games began.

I wasn't really the most athletic, so I was left feeling wholly terrified and ready to bear the guilt if our team lost because of me. If I had to climb something, I was gonna lose it.

After the first leg of the competition ended with a tie (with one of the points actually being one I got due to my not so crappy water balloon toss skills), EJ not so subtly revealed that Miss Jenn was there to help him with his director skills.

While we weren't technically allowed to see her because she wasn't even supposed to be there, we all went anyway because we all missed her, and doing a production without her there to guide us felt completely wrong for some reason.

During our short fifteen minute break after round one, all of us East High kids followed EJ to the barn, where Miss Jenn was.

After we all greeted and hugged her, we all sat around and listened to her advice for us. It was just such a great comfort to be around her again, and it definitely added a sense of normalcy to all the chaos that had happened already during the production.

When it was time to leave to go do the next round of the color war, I stuck behind for a minute. I needed advice from someone who was an adult, and who knew the history between Ricky and I.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked Miss Jenn, taking a seat next to her.

"Of course, honey. Anytime", Miss Jenn replied.

"I kinda need some advice. About Ricky and I", I said.

"What's going on? I thought you made up already. Are you on bad terms again?"

"Sort of. We decided to go on a break back in April, just because I really didn't like who I was when we were together. I thought we'd end up getting back together this summer, but he dated Lily and now he's into Gina again. I'm just really conflicted and confused. I still really like him, and I feel like all of this drama between us is all my fault. Almost like I didn't value what we had until it was gone", I sighed.

"Oh honey. Don't blame yourself for anything. People make mistakes, and if you really felt like you needed a break then it wasn't a mistake. It was the right decision for the time. Don't let Ricky and his drama ruin the summer for you. You have a great role in the musical and friends who support you! If Ricky is into another girl, then it's his loss. I'm a strong believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason. If you and Ricky are really meant to be together, you'll find a way back to one another. But right now? Don't let him dictate how you live your life", Miss Jenn said.

I looked at her, tears in my eyes.

"I really needed to hear that. Thank you".

"Of course! I will always be here for you, if you need anything", Miss Jenn replied.

I smiled and gave her a hug.

"I have to go now, but seriously. Thank you so much!"

With that, I went back outside and helped the yellow team find their way to victory!

My phone was back in my possession, I had better friends than I could ever imagine, and I was finally done letting boys have control over me.

If Ricky and I found our way back to one another, so be it. But for now, I was finally content with the way things were.

Third Person POV:

It was the night after the Color War, and Ricky laid on his bunk, crying.

"Dude,what's wrong?" Jett asked, walking into the cabin.

"I can't believe I let Color War slip through my fingers", Ricky said tearfully.

"You mean Gina?" Jett asked.

Ricky shrugged.

He meant Violet. He'd let her go, and now? He had no clue what to do to win her back.

But camp prom was coming up, and he knew he had to make a big gesture. So that's what he'd do.

Author's Note: Hey friends! Again, sorry for the lack of updates! College is difficult and I'm so busy all the time. Like I barely have a minute to breathe. Anyways, I wrote this sporadically throughout the week, but unlike the last chapter I actually edited it so yay! I hope you enjoyed this, and I plan to release the camp prom chapter sometime next week! I love you guys!

Lots of love, Beth ❤️❤️❤️