first day & auditions

Violet's Outfit

Violet's Outfit

On the first day of junior year, I made my mom drop me off. I could drive, but I was too anxious to deal with that right now.

As I walked up the driveway of the school, I ran into Ricky. Literally.

I was too busy looking at my phone for a text from him that I literally ran into him.

"Sorry!", I said.

"No big deal. So, how are you? Nervous?", he asked.

"Nope not at all. I'm excited for theatre auditions today", I said.

"Yeah right. Your hands are literally shaking", he said.

"Yeah, Sorry. The last time I was here was six months ago, I'm just kinda scared that things won't go back to normal", I said.

We'd reached the entrance of the school, where we'd split off in different directions to our home rooms which were assigned by first letter of last name.

He looked down at me, "Violet, you got this. I promise. We'll send each other our schedules as soon as we get them in homeroom, and I'm sure we'll at least have a class together. Besides, you can text me if you feel anxious or anything, and I'll see you at lunch".

"Okay, Yeah. I'll see you later", I said.

We then split off to our separate classes.

I sat down at an empty table and just scrolled through my phone.

Since both I and Ricky's ex Nini had last name's that started with "S" we had homeroom together.

We knew each other through theatre and through Ricky of course, so she sat down next to me.

"Hey Nini", I said.

"Hey. Are you auditioning for the musical today?", she asked.

"Of course! It's High School Musical, and that was my favorite movie in elementary school, so I kinda have to", I said.

"Yeah, same. Hopefully I'll get a better role than last year",

"Well, there's no cow butt in HSM so anything you could get will be better than that"

"Theatre camp this summer was awesome, and I learned a lot so hopefully that'll help be get a supporting or lead role",

"Yes! That would be awesome! Last year all the leads and supporting were seniors and it wasn't fun because I didn't really know any of them. Ooh, did you know that Ricky is auditioning? I talked him into it", I said.

"Really? He hates musicals. He got us kicked out of The Greatest Showman because he kept yelling 'This isn't realistic' at the screen", she said.