cast list & newbie campout

Violet's outfit

Violet's outfit

I woke up in the morning to the sound of Kourtney screaming. My first thought as that she'd fell out of bed or something, but I quickly realized that her screaming was due to the cast list for Frozen being released.

I quickly pulled my hair into a messy high ponytail and slid my crocs on, following Ashlyn outside to the cast list.

Once we'd reached the bulletin board that held the list, I immediately rushed to the front and scanned for my name.

Once I'd found my name, I squealed. I'd been cast as Queen Iduna, Anna & Elsa's mother, and I'd be a featured dancer in all the ensemble scenes.

"No way!" I exclaimed.

"Congrats, Vi!" Ricky said, smiling at me.

"Congrats to you too, Kristoff!" I grinned.

"I'm ensemble?" Ashlyn asked, confusion in her voice.

"It's not that bad, Ash! We'll be in the ensemble together", I said.

"Yeah, plus the show literally needs the ensemble in order to function", Gina said.

Later on, we were all sitting in the cabin, getting ready for the Newbie Campout. I sat on my bed, trying to stuff as much clothes and crap into my backpack as physically possible.

Ashlyn sat on the bunk on top of mine, still complaining about the ensemble. Considering she'd played the lead in the spring musical, I did understand her frustrations. However, at the same time, I was in the ensemble as well and was usually in the ensemble for most of the musicals I'd ever auditioned before, so I did feel a little hurt.

And then to make matters worse, Maddox told Ashlyn that she was acting like a Leo Rising, which totally set her off. I mean, understandable, but still.

After about a half an hour more of time to pack and get ready, we all trouped down the nature trails to a small clearing in the woods, where we'd be spending the night.

I'd watched my fair share of true crime shows over the years, so I was instantly weary. Most campouts in the woods led to murder, add in the fact that we were an unsupervised group of teenagers and you'd get the plot to Netflix's next big true crime docuseries.

Once I'd put my stuff down, and settled into the tent I'd be sharing with Ashlyn, it was time for the Newbie Campout campfire.

The bonfire began with EJ singing 'The Ballad of Shallow Lake' which told of Mrs. Fine, a ghost who'd been haunting the camp for decades now. Once he was done the story, Maddox told the story in more detail.

I wasn't too scared compared to some others, such as Kourtney who's eyes were wide in fear. The story came to an abrupt stop once Jett interjected and made the story seem kinda lame, causing Maddox to run away, a disappointed look on her face.