second chances

Violet's Outfit

Violet's Outfit

The rest of the show went amazingly! The transformation scene worked out even better than planned, and Act 2 felt like even more of a success than Act 1, so it definitely felt like we ended the show on a high note.

After the curtain call, I went back to the dressing room to change into my normal clothes. After getting out of my stuffy dress and into something actually comfortable, my phone began to ring with a call from my mom.

I quickly grabbed my phone and walked out into the hallway. However, before I had the chance to actually answer the phone call, I saw my mom standing there outside the dressing room doors.

"Mom! I thought you had to work?" I asked, as she hugged me.

"I left early. I had to come see your show!" My mom exclaimed.

"Thank you! Did you like the show? I thought it went really well!" I smiled.

"Yes! You were so good, baby! I'm so proud of you. Adam would be so proud of you", My mom said, causing me to tear up a little bit.

"I know. Beauty & The Beast was one of his favorites", I said, tears in my eyes.

"He would've loved the show", My mom nodded, tears in her eyes.

"I'm gonna head to Slices with everyone else, if you don't mind..." I said.

"Yeah, of course! Have fun, baby. Before I go, these are for you", My mom said, handing me a bouquet of yellow roses.

"Aw, thank you!" I smiled, giving her another hug.

Once my mom had left, I went backstage to find Ricky. I'd spent every moment I wasn't on stage working on my note to him, and I finally felt as though it conveyed everything I wanted to say within three paragraphs.

"Hey Ricky?" I said, coming into the dressing room where he was seated.

"Hey Vi", he said, standing up and facing me.

"So...this is for you", I said, handing him my note.

"And this is for you", he said, handing me a note.

"Should we just read them now?" I asked.

"You go first", Ricky said.

"Dear Violet...I know that this semester has been a lot, but I'm happy that I went through it with you. You did a great job in the show tonight, and I'm super proud of you. Love, Ricky", I read aloud.

"Dear Ricky... We've been through a lot this semester, and I can't believe we made it this far. You were amazing in the show and I'm proud of all you've accomplished. Love always, Vi", Ricky read aloud.

"It's funny that we said the same thing", I laughed.

"Vi...wait", Ricky said, as I turned to leave the room.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I didn't say everything I wanted to on that note. Vi, I love you. I never fell out of love with you. These weeks apart have just made me realize how much I love you and how much I need you", Ricky said, causing me to tear up once again.

"I...I feel the same way", I said.

"I've loved you since that day in 7th grade when we ran home in the rain together. I love every moment we spend together, and spending all this time apart really made me notice how much I need you, and how much better my life is with you in it", Ricky said.

"I still love you, Ricky. And I feel the same way. My life just isn't the same without you in it", I said tearfully.

I walked closer to Ricky and stood up on my tip-toes and gave him a kiss. I loved him, and I'd never stopped and it was absolutely amazing to find out that he felt the same way.

As we walked out of the dressing room hand in hand, Ricky stopped suddenly.

"What's wrong? I asked him.

"I have something for you. Turn around", He said, smiling at me.

I laughed and turned around. As I stood there, he quickly draped the R necklace over my neck and quickly hooked it.

"Aw, yay! I missed this!" I exclaimed, holding the R Pendant.

The rest of the night went amazingly. I spent the whole night at Slices sitting with Ricky and just catching up with everyone.

It seemed everything was working out for the best. Gina and EJ seemed closer than ever, and I was beyond happy for them. Nini was given the opportunity to try and pursue her music for real, and just everything was falling into place.

We didn't know what the summer would bring, but right there, for that moment, I felt as though everything in my life was where it was supposed to be.

We'd all been given second chances at the things we wanted in life, and for that moment everything felt perfect.

And that's all that I ever could've asked for.

Author's note:

Hey y'all! We are officially done with season two! I really wanted to rekindle Ricky and Vi's relationship and also give some closure with all the drama I've had occur in this season lmao, so I hope you enjoyed that! I know that I really didn't stick much to the canon for the final episode of the season, but tbh the episode sucked and the only good part was the Second Chances song. I hope you enjoyed season 2 of Out Loud, and I'd love to know what you've thought of it!!! I appreciate each and every one of you for reading, voting, and commenting on my story- this story wouldn't have lasted this long if it weren't for y'all and I'm eternally grateful for all of your support. I love all of you guys so freaking much!

Lots of love, Beth ❤️❤️❤️