accept me

diane sherman - accept me
content warning : depression and self harm
authors note : diane isnt a psycho in this, and is your favorite aunt that you dont see often

-

"y/n!"

"what?" you yelled down to your mom.

"come here!"

what does this woman want from you.

"y/n!"

"i'm coming!"

you stood up from your bed and walked to the mirror. your hair was in a messy bun and you were wearing the same sweatpants and hoodie that you'd been wearing for a little over a week. life was hard, to say the least. you walked out of your door and down the stairs to the kitchen.

"y/n?" you heard a familiar voice.

"diane?" you asked, confused, as you turned the corner to the kitchen.

"hi sweetheart." she stood up and hugged you.

"diane!"

you hadn't seen your aunt since she moved to washington almost four years ago. you had talked on the phone and facetimed, but it's not the same.

"i missed you. look how tall you've gotten!"

you laughed into her shoulder, as you were still in her warm embrace.

"what are you doing here?" you asked when she released you from her arms.

"well, i'm in town, and i was thinking you could come to my hotel tonight and we could have a sort of 'sleepover' like we used to when you were little."

you smiled.

"sound good?"

"yeah."

"okay then, go pack a bag." she kissed your forehead and you went up the stairs.

you were the worlds worst packer, so you just threw a pair of clean sweatpants, a pair of shorts, two tshirts and a few other necessities into a backpack. you changed from the clothes you were wearing into a sweater and leggings. once you were sure you had everything you needed, you walked back to the kitchen.

"ready?"

"yep."

"okay well, y/m/n, it was nice to see you. but now i'm going to steal your daughter."

"okay. have fun and behave."

"bye."

you and diane made your way out the front door and into her car.

"so young lady, how have you been?"

"pretty good."

that was pretty much a total lie, but you didn't want to bombard her with your issues.

"i'm glad." she smiled at you.

during the car ride, the itch to come out to her was scratching at you. you wanted to tell her so badly, but you didn't know how she would react. the two of you did some shopping, and then went out to dinner.

"sweetheart?"

"yeah?" you continued playing with your food.

"are you okay? you've seemed a little off today and you've barely touched your food."

"i-" you choked a little. "i'm just a little tired is all."

she looked at you, not convinced.

"okay."

when you two were finished eating, you drove back to her hotel and you flopped onto the bed.

"wanna come on the balcony?"

"yeah let me just get changed."

"okay."

you took a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie out of your bag and brought them to your bathroom. as you were changing, you inspected yourself in the mirror, running your finger over the old self harm scars. you hadn't done it in months, and you didn't feel urges much anymore, but they made you feel sort of weak. once you were changed, you left the bathroom and went onto the balcony.

"it's pretty, right?"

"yeah." you sat down in the seat next to her and pulled a blanket over yourself.

"talk to me." she blurted.

"about what?"

"i don't know. you seem... off."

"i guess."

"do you wanna talk about it?"

"i mean, things just got really hard for me mentally a few months ago. and i'm better now, but i'm still not the same person i was."

"oh sweetheart. you know you can always call me when something's going on." she took your hand.

there was a thick silence between the two of you.

"i'm gay."

she turned to face you and tears fell from your eyes.

"please don't hate me."

"oh sweetie. i could never hate you. especially over something like this."

you sighed out in relief.

"please don't tell mom. about either part of it. the mental health issues and the sexuality."

"i would never. your secret is safe, i promise."

"thank you."

"don't thank me. once you get a little older maybe we can go to the clubs together and we can both find a girl to bring home."

you were shocked at what she had just said, so you laughed.

"you're..."

"shh. don't tell your mom."

"i would never." you laughed.

it felt like a weight had been lifted from your shoulders.

-

authors note - ew i stilm hate this two months later who let me write this ew ew