you can talk to me

cordelia foxx - you can talk to me
content warning : self harm, suicidal thoughts
authors note : coven cordelia is your english teacher and she notices something has been going on with you. as usual, cordelia is not a witch in this

-

everything should just stop.

"y/n?" your teacher spoke softly, placing a hand on your back.

you flinched as she pulled you out of your thoughts.

"oh i'm sorry honey, i didn't mean to scare you."

the whole class turned their heads to face you, but their gazes were quickly interrupted by the bell.

"could you please stay for a second y/n?" ms foxx asked you as you picked up your bag to leave.

"uh- sure."

a panicky feeling arose inside of you.

you stood in front of her awkwardly when you arrived at her desk, pulling your sleeves down a little more. she watched your hands attentively and then her gaze lifted to your face.

"wanna have a seat?" she motioned her hand to the chair across from hers.

you hesitantly took a seat.

"did i," you paused and looked down at your hands. "do something wrong?"

"of course not."

you just looked at her with a confused expression, unsure of what to say.

"are you okay y/n?"

"of course."

"you can talk to me."

"i appreciate it, but i don't have anything to talk about."

"i need you to be honest with me sweetheart, because if it's not me it's going to be guidance."

"why?"

"i don't want to put you on the spot." she sighed and reached out for your hand.

what was going on?

"i saw your arms." she said softly as she squeezed your hand tightly.

oh fuck.

"so?"

"so i needed to make sure you were okay."

"oh, well i'm fine."

"you know you can tell me anything, i promise you, i understand more than you know."

"really, what do you understand? you're one of the happiest people i've ever met." you were becoming angry with her for no reason.

neither of you talked for a few seconds, and you watched as her face slowly became less warm and more sad.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean that."

"a couple years ago, all i wanted was a baby. long story short, i found out i could never have a baby and my husband left me. i went into a really dark place after that. i just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up."

tears brimmed your eyes.

"i'm so sorry ms foxx."

she gave you a sad smile.

"the point is, i understand whatever it is you're going through. so please, talk to me."

"i guess i just- it's stupid."

"the way you feel is not stupid."

"i wish it could all just stop, i'm so exhausted."

tears erupted from your eyes.

"oh honey." she squeezed your hand for a second time. "is it okay if i hug you?"

you nodded as more sobs left you. her embrace was warm and comforting as you stained her blouse with tears and running mascara.

"i've got you, you're going to be okay."

-

authors note : this is soo short and bad but whatever