Chapter 1

Russia's P.O.V

Wet gravel crunched under my hefty boots, as the rain continued to batter my umbrella.

No light could get through the clouds, it was almost as if they blanketed the sky with grief. Plants dripped with water, as they struggled under the added weight. Animals abandoned the outside area in search for a warmer place to rest their heads. The whole world seemed grayer, darker, and dull. The only color that stood out of place was the glowing yellow light from the house in front of me.

My eyes slowly closed and opened, I never really liked this place, granted I've only been here a few times. It always brought a feeling of uneasiness to my mind when I gazed upon it.

It wasn't an eerie place, no. It seemed quite cozy actually. It was a beacon of warmth in a storm of ice, and yet, any other place seemed warmer than inside it's walls.

I stepped up the stairs of the porch, as I folded my umbrella down. I shook it a bit, while my eyes drifted over to the window. Inside, the place was indeed warm. Two people buzzed about, as they prepared for their guests. One was working on some dinner, while the other one was constantly racing up a flight of steps with new stuff in his hands. Their mouths were moving, as they continued to work on their preparations.

I shook my head away from the couple, for they were simply making me sad. I lifted up a fist, as I tapped on the door.

It instantly caught their attention, and the one who was rushing around quickly sprang over to the door. It cracked open with a bit of playful shouting between the two. Instantly, the smell of roasting meat and vegetables filled my mind, as the person in front of me stiffened.

"Poland." I stated.

"Russia." He replied.

There was a second of silence between us. At that moment, I knew just how cold this visit was going to be.

"Come in." He opened the door a bit wider, as he gestured for me to enter. "Take your shoes off, hang your jacket on the coat hanger, and place your umbrella over it."

After a curt nod from me, he went over to the kitchen. I closed the door behind me, as I bent down to remove my boots. I placed my closed umbrella next to me, while the owners of the house talked amongst themselves, "Russia's here, Germany."

Germany glanced behind his shoulders, but quickly looked back, "He's here already? I thought I would have more time to make this."

"Yeah," The winged nation offered, as he bent over and pecked the other's cheek. "If you want, I can talk to him for a bit while you finish up."

I finished up removing my shoes, as the guy cooking thanked Poland. I stood up and placed my coat and umbrella on the hanger.

Poland passed me and waved for me to follow him, "C'mon, follow me."

I did as told, while the both of us walked around the confusing place. We made our way into a room with a few scattered couches, a fireplace, a few tables, and a medium-sized television. Household plants were thrown about in the corners, while a couple of candles sat in the middle of the coffee table. A fan with a light spun around over my head.

Poland moved and sat down on the couch. I stood there, for I was unsure whether or not I was really welcome to sit down. Plus, it was too awkward to do anything without confirmation.

"Please, take a seat." He ordered. His hand pointed towards a chair that was a bit separated from the couch.

I bit the inside of my cheek, took a seat, and moved the decorative pillow out and away from my back. Things quickly got quiet. It was as if there was a law that we needed to break in order to talk with one another, but the both of us didn't want to take responsibility for initiating things.