Chapter 18

Canada's P.O.V

"It's no use, Canada. They won't let me in. We'll have to find another way in."

"Shoot...I was counting on that working..." I muttered. "Do you know of any other possible ways to get inside?"

Mexico sighted, and I heard a bit of shuffling, "There's actually another way to get to the states from the outside, though guards are probably positioned there too. However, it has a better chance of working rather than walking straight through the front door."

"Where?" I questioned the device in my hand.

"The back. It isn't fenced in, rather it's blocked by a grove of trees and leads to the ocean. If we could go in that way, there's also a chance of the states being outside as well."

"And if there's guards?"

"We just need to pose a diversion, as the states sneak inside. Now, I'm gonna try to find a way around where you are. I'll see you in a minute." She shut the door of her car and started it up.

"Okay, see you." With that, I hung up and stuffed my phone in one of my pockets, as I turned to the three states beside me. "So this is what plan B is. We're going to go the back way. If there are guards, Mexico and I will create a diversion-"

"Uncle Canada, we heard your conversation, you had your phone on speaker." Delaware interjected, as I watched her ponytail flick back and forth behind her. "While you distract the guards, if there are any, the three of us sneak inside. We then explain to the others about dad being alive, and we tell them about the lies that the bitch has been spreading. Am I right, or am I right?"

I felt embarrassment creep up on either one of my cheeks, and I shake my head a bit in order to rid myself of the feeling. The four of us continued to wait in the night for a few more minutes, though we weren't sitting there for an unreasonable amount of time, since Mexico pulled up and ushered us in her car.

Before this though, my eyes drifted upwards and I found myself staring at the moon. It wasn't quite half full, but it was nearly there. A small honk interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey," Mexico greeted us, while I pulled open the passenger side door and plopped down inside of it. "Girls, do you know of a path or street along the beach behind your house? If not, we'll need to park my car a bit further away and walk the rest of the distance."

Massachusetts tapped her chin for a minute, opened her mouth to speak, and Hawaii spoke up before her, "There is! It isn't a nice path, and it makes me bang my head a lot, but it's a path!"

"I was going to say the same thing. It's a dirt path that you can get on by turning this next corner and making another turn when you see an opening."

Potholes marked the ground in an unstable haze, and it made the truck jolt up in unusual ways every so often. The darkness around us already made it difficult to tell the path from the foliage, especially since Mexico insisted on not turning the lights on because of stealth.

We soon arrived at our destination, and quietly analized the situation. There were indeed a few guards. Luckily, there were only three, and they didn't seem to be too heavily armed. However, because they were standing behind a cluster of trees filled with leaves and branches, it was hard to see what they had and what they didn't have.

"Okay, it's exactly as we said before." The winged woman stated. "Canada and I will distract them, while you three race inside and find your siblings to tell them what's going on."