Chapter 4

America's P.O.V

"Of course you would fucking be here, why should I expect anyone else?" I hysterically echoed, even though this situation had nothing funny about it.

The man frowned, as his fiery hair adjusted with his facial features, "You really shouldn't. It's clear that you've been here for a while, isn't that right America?"

The way that he hissed my name made me shiver. There were so many things that he has done, well, his ideology has done. The course of history was forever altered by his actions, and I wasn't quite sure if any other person could hold that same title. Though, it wasn't altered in a good way...

"You seem speechless, America. Eine Katze got your tongue?" He sneered, as his deathly blue eyes dug into my face.

I shook my head, "No, I just don't want to talk with someone like you."

"Oh please," He huffed. "At least have the common decency to use my name."

I rolled my eyes, "You're not deserving of a name."

He went quiet for a second, while I was finally left alone to tamper with my own thoughts. Why did it have to be him? Literally anybody else would have been preferable, but no. I had to be stuck, alone, with the mental manipulator.

I could think of several others, though still not someone who I would like to be with, but it was arguable that they were better than him.

"My father gave me that name, as yours did to you." He finally spoke up. "But you say that, because it's my son's name, right?"

I scoffed, but didn't answer, "So, monster. What's your name?"

"Deutschland. Call me Deutschland."

I let my lip curl up, "So...Deutschland. How's it like being tortured?"

His brows furrowed together, before they pulled apart and he took a couple deep breaths, "I mean, I don't like it, who would? Suffocating for hours on end is extremely painful. That's a daily excursion, along with starvation, getting shot, convulsing, and other things. I presume you're going through the same hardships?"

It wasn't a question, it was more like an unexplained fact. Sorta like how this place existed, we knew it did, but we had no reasoning to support the claim.

"Yep." My tone was grim, as I reimagined my encounters with death. "Gunfire, choking, burning, etcetera. It's what you'd expect in this place."

The man nodded, "Exactly what I had expected, actually."

"What do you mean by 'exactly expected'?" I questioned, as my voice lowered slightly.

"Nothing malicious, simply that from your actions, it's a clear retaliation. Basically, whatever you did back on Earth affects what you'll encounter here." He explained, while he gesticulated with one of his wrists.

I glowered down at the German; lies. They were the thing he was known for, yet there was some unexplainable truth to his tale. The things that have happened to me, excluding a few instances, were all linked to past actions of mine in a certain way.

But...what were those few times for? Was my suffering not enough as it was?

"Anyways," He continued. "How'd you even get here? Last I checked, you were a cripled nation that got out of your little money crisis because of the war, and then you became this national superpower."