Chapter 2

America's P.O.V

This place meant nothing to me anymore.

Days had no meaning.

Years passed by in centuries.

Batterings happened constantly.

I could feel that my eyes were dull and heavy. I wanted rest, yet I was never given any. My senses wanted to make me pass out, however I was forced to resist. For I knew what happened once my eyes would shut.

My arms, legs, and muscles in general were shaking. I felt like I was being strangled by some absent force, and it brought me down to my knees, as I scratched at my neck. It felt like I was being poisoned. The poison was slow and agonizing though, as it ripped through my lungs, traversed to my heart, and swarmed into my bloodstream.

Time here was a nonexistent concept. It was foolish to waste your effort on something that only resulted in sadness, so I didn't bother. Thus, seconds become minutes, minutes turn to hours, and, by now, hundreds of years could've passed and I would have no idea.

I yelped out for air. My body felt like it was on fire, yet I felt like I was drowning at the same time. It was weird, but strangely familiar.

After all, how could I ever forget what death was like?

That day had replayed in my mind over and over again, until I had memorized every little detail. I recalled the way that I was comforted, the way the dust fell around my body, and the way in which I just accepted it. I knew that I would be coming here, but I did nothing.

Truly pathetic.

My legs and arms eventually gave out and I collapsed onto the pitch black floor. I was so tired, so exhausted.

I felt completely numb, as the pressure finally retreated from my neck. I couldn't imagine staying here forever; in eternal torment.

Everything was cruel, and lonely here.

Ever since I had gotten here, I hadn't been able to talk with another person. All my thoughts, feelings, and anger had been bottled up. Sometimes I would talk to myself in an attempt to rid me of the feeling, but I was usually interrupted with some bullet wounds that heal instantly, or a rapier through my stomach.

But now it was just quiet.

My eyes stared off into the dark abyss. I expected something to come, something that would shake me to my very core. But it never did.

I just laid there; alone, without pain, and in silence.

It was like a miracle happened.

I was afraid to move, because I didn't want it to start up again. My eyes threatened to slip closed, as exhaustion waned in on me. They snapped back open repeatedly, however, the dark space, along with my lack of rest, made them close completely.

I was finally at peace.

Well...I would've been at peace, if it weren't for me falling through the air.

A scream escaped my mouth, as my body finally collided with the floor. My spine was the victim of the harsh treatment, and I could hear the cracking travel up along my bones.

I went into spasm, as my arms and hands frantically scraped at my back. It was like whatever happened before the fall had made my body hypersensitive to the forces around me.

Thus, it was agonizing.

"Ow..." I uttered. Something had kicked my side fairly harshly.

"So you do talk. C'mon, we don't have much time; get up." Before another foot could reach my side, I whipped my head up to stare at the voice.