Chapter 10

America's P.O.V

I felt myself smile, as Massachusetts excitedly declared that she won.

My head thumped against Russia's shoulder, and one of his arms swerved around me in a protective grasp. Small instances of chatter echoed around the room, some were congratulatory, whereas others were sore with loss. But, that was to be expected from Poland, he never really liked to lose.

It was so peaceful here. Though arguments popped up on several occasions, and people's nerves were still high, we found moments like these where we could all have fun.

"Wanna play again?" My daughter asked, as she glanced around the room for an answer. Her tone was filled with clout, determination, and challenge.

"Maybe another time, I think that the rest of us have had enough for today, okay?" I told her.

She sighed, but nodded her head, "Okay. Uncle Canada, wanna play a different game?"

My brother smiled, as he got up to follow her into the dining room, "Sure, what do you have in mind?"

The rest of the pair's conversation was lost to me, as I sunk deeper into my boyfriend's arms. My own encircled his stomach, and he readjusted himself so that he was laying on his back. His head rested on the armrest, while mine tucked itself near his neck.

A soft hum escaped me, when one of his hands brushed through the feathers on my wings. They were about the size of my forearm, and small, multi-colored feathers bloomed from the bottom of them.

"And you said it was strange to see us all lovey-dovey."

"Oh hush, Polen. You would be like that if I were dead for three years." Germany hushed. Poland rolled his eyes, but didn't say otherwise.

They were seated on the ground near the bottom of the couch, since there weren't enough seats for everyone. Poland leaned on the couch's leg, as Germany nuzzled against him. A wing was wrapped around the German.

I frowned, while my wings pressed down against my back. They just barely curved around my waist, and they definitely weren't long enough to wrap around Russia. Not yet at least. I would do it one day, but, for now, my arms would have to suffice.

A soft, upwards curve in my lips took over, as I felt small kisses being pressed along my cheek. I peppered some pecks on my partner's neck, which caused him to lean his head in the opposite direction. After a few more moments of that, I stopped, as I dove my head down to rest.

However, we were interrupted when we heard some knocking at the door. I sat up, as the black, red, and yellow country went over to the door, and hesitantly opened it. He didn't even get done with his opening statement, before a small person ran past him.

My breath caught on itself, while my eyes took in the little girl who looked around the house, "Wild flower?"

Her head whipped towards mine, and I saw a wide grin cascade over her face. She ran towards me and landed in my arms, "Papi!"

I held her up, brought her closer to me, and started to kiss every inch of her face. She giggled, as she batted away my face with her hands, "Hehe, enough Papi!"

I smiled, while I felt her cling to me. It dawned on me just how much time that we haven't seen each other, and the even greater time that she was being raised by the same imbecile who killed me.

"Hey, don't leave me out, Dad." A familiar voice echoed.

My head lifted from my youngest daughter's shoulders, only to lay my eyes on my oldest daughter. I grinned, adjusted Hawaii so that she only took up one of my arms, and stood up to hug Delaware.