Chapter 3

Mexico's P.O.V

"Are you hearing anything, Mexico?"

The only thing that I could hear on the other side of the connection was a deafening silence, along with an occasional flicker of static.

I shook my head, "No luck, Cabi."

The woman scoffed, as she reached her hand out, "Give it to me, maybe your hearing has worsened."

I frowned at the comment, but gave her the radio device anyway.

While she pressed the transmission recorder against her scalp, I reflected on how distant we had grown. Nowadays it is all about work, running the country, and people's opinions. We simply had no time for foolish things like love, or, at least, that was what she claimed.

Instead of an equal, or even a respected individual, I felt like an assistant that was under a corporation's claws.

In all honesty, I didn't know what I intended on sticking around for.

Maybe I was still here out of fear; fear that everything would be ripped away. Or perhaps it was about seeking out recognition for all of the things that I've provided. Yet, neither of those felt right.

The one that did feel right, in a contorted and twisted way, was that I was a fool; a fool looking for love.

It was wrong, and I knew that, but nothing could stop my brain from wondering what it would feel like. To have someone who would actually care for you, who would be there for you, and who wouldn't desert you.

Everyone else seemed to have someone, whether that be a friend, family member, or loved one. However, I didn't have that luxury.

My family abandoned contact with me, the same went for my friends. The states were fearful of me. They were afraid that if they'd let me in, I would bombard them with critiques. And, as for my loved one? Well, that's self-explanatory.

"Do you hear anything?" I asked. I had managed to snap myself out of my thoughts. It was a dangerous place to get trapped in...

Cabi lowered the listener, as she shot a half-sided glare at me, "No. There's nothing. I think that the plan he's been making has been set into action."

"You don't mean-"

"The revival?" She interjected. "Yes, that is exactly what I was referring to, are you dumb?"

I looked down, while she sighed, "Anyways, Russia's probably started his plan, which means that he has gone over to..." Her hand drifted over to a map on one of her walls that was decked out in notes, arrows, and other symbols. "Here."

"In Germany?"

"In Germany. Specifically near the eastern border."

I furrowed my brow, "But why? We both know the relations there are extremely toxic, especially towards Russia. Besides, shouldn't Kazakhstan know how to revive?"

"Simple. Kazakhstan was revived at a rather young age, but he was also affiliated with USSR, thus he would be restricted as to what he would be able to learn about this situation." Cabi explained. "And, as to why Germany, remember our little meeting with that couple a few years ago?"

My eyes widened. She wasn't talking about that meet up, was she?

Of course she was, for there wasn't any other.