Chapter 11

America's P.O.V

"...first, I'm not sure if she should listen to this." Mexico gestured over to my youngest child in my lap, who was busy toying with my fingers. "We should also get Canada, he'll want to hear this too."

This made me tug Hawaii closer. I didn't want to let her out of my sight again. What if something happened and I wasn't there for her? What if someone else came along and scooped her up, then retaught her how to think? What if she wanted to succeed? Cabi might have planted that thought in her brain. What if-

"Hawaii, why don't you go tell uncle Canada to come here, and then stay with your sisters. I bet they'll want to play a game with you." Mexico encouraged. Hawaii hopped out of my grasp, waved at me, and then sped off towards the dining room. I reached out to grab her hand and pull her back, but my lover's hand met mine.

His other arm wrapped around my waist, while he leaned me on him. My eyes hopelessly trailed after Hawaii, whilst I wished that I could follow her.

"What's wrong?" Russia questioned quietly.

I hadn't even noticed that my breathing had increased. My head was getting light and thoughtless. A spinning sensation seeped slowly down my shoulders and spine, "I, I want Hawaii to come back."

"America, breathe in and out. You're fine, she'll be fine, you're both fine." My partner coached. I felt his hand squeeze onto mine, and that made me feel stable. He was the voice of reason that lurked in the back of my subconsciousness.

My actions followed his words, and, slowly but surely, thoughts re-entered my mind.

"There you go." He mumbled gently, as his hand around me made circles on my back. I sunk into the motion, while I let my head rest further on his shoulder. "Just breathe."

I could practically feel Mexico's gaze on me, and my skin prickled because of it. It was a stare laced with feelings of jealousy and hatred. Even if I couldn't read her mind, I knew what she must've been thinking. She probably thought about how the world was so unfair. Here she was, having gone through two horrific relationships, and me, the person who once justified hitting the one I loved, cuddling up against someone while she was left with no one.

I had to admit, it was rigged.

My eyes fell closed, as I moved my arms around Russia's neck. His phrases continued to echo in my brain, even when I heard footsteps enter the room and the cushion next to me shift.

"Okay, now that you're here, let me tell you what I know." The green, white, and red country started, as she took a deep breath. "In summary, she's planning to go to war. Or at least she's planning an attack."

If this was referring to anyone else in the world, then I would be surprised, but not from Cabi. The reason that I was surprised was because of my army, subordinates, and generals. Were they really willing to go to war? They barely knew who they were fighting for.

Who were they planning to attack?

"Where? Or do you not know that?" My brother asked, as his eyebrows furrowed together. Confusion stretched across his face, and I was certain that it wrapped around his mind.

Mexico stalled for a moment, as her face scrunched up, "I would say somewhere in the east, since she told me about sending some troops over to some of her territories on the grounds of 'protection'."

"Can we agree that that's a load of shit?" Poland asked, to which everyone nodded.

"Which islands?" Germany asked. "If we know where they're positioned, then we can assume who the target is."