Chapter 13: Assault on the Leaf Village; Twins Reunion

Sasuke stood outside Aika's room, she had asked to be alone but she hasn't come out in a couple days.

"Aika" he finally speaks "please come out"

After a bit of silence, Sasuke gets angry and kicks open the door.

"Wasn't that a bit excessive?" Jugo asks

Sasuke's eyes widen when he scans the room, it was empty.

-

Pain begins his invasion on Konohagakure, killing the border shinobi without difficulty. He assigns the Asura Path, Animal Path and the Preta Path to the assault team while the Naraka Path, Deva Path and Human Path, along with Konan, are ordered to search for Naruto Uzumaki.

Using his Rinnegan, Pain senses the barrier shielding the village, Pain tricks the Konoha Barrier Team into expecting only one intruder when he has the Animal Path enter the barrier through the air, only for the Animal Path to summon the other five once inside the village.

Meanwhile Aika makes her way through the forest, she was far away from her home village, but that's exactly where she was heading. Konan had told her about Pain's plan days ago, and as much as she hated to admit it she would never let her home and everyone in it be destroyed.

"Hang on everyone" Aika says as she runs faster "Haruto, Sakura, Naruto, you've gotta hold them off!"

Konan and the Six Paths of Pain continue their attack on Konohagakure while systematically interrogating and killing shinobi and civilians alike regarding the whereabouts of Naruto.

Aika suddenly stops running when she senses the presence of Naruto, towards Mount Myōboku. She switches direction and heads there immediately.

At Mount Myōboku, Naruto attempts to run while gathering natural energy in order to test whether he can activate Sage Mode when on the move, only to fail.

"That method would never work" Fukasaku tells him and sighs "Sage Mode isn't for everyone"

"I can do it!" Naruto shouts "that message from Jiraiya wasn't just some code, it was also telling me to never give up and I won't!"

"The impossible simply cannot be done" Fukasaku says "It's like looking left and right at the same time, you can't-"

"He can"

Naruto's eyes widen and he turns "Aika!"

"After all, my big brother's always managed to pull off the impossible" Aika smiles

Naruto immediately runs over and hugs her.

"I knew it" Naruto cries "you're still alive"

"Months ago I was trying to kill you and now you carelessly hug me" Aika scolds before sighing and hugging him back "you're such an idiot"

The twins pull away from the hug and Naruto wipes away his tears.

"Now... What in the world are you doing here learning Sage Mode when the village is being attacked by Pain!" Aika shouts

"What the village is under attack!" Naruto shouts

"We've gotta go now!" Aika grabs his arm and pulls him

"Wait.. are you here to help?" Naruto asks

"Duh" Aika looks at him "Punish me for being an Akatsuki member later, we need to save the village now!"

Naruto looks concerned "But what if I can't-"

"You can enter Sage Mode" Aika tells him and smirks "and I'll tell you how"

In Konoha, Tsunade angers Pain when the former claims that while Konoha's actions in the past may not have been just, they have already experienced pain. Declaring that Konoha shall know pain for what they did to Yahiko, Pain notifies Konan that he is going to use that technique, and proceeds to shut down the other five bodies.

Pain's Deva Path performs a large-scale Shinra Tensei, reducing the village to a massive crater. Sakura is saved from the blast by Katsuyu and she sheds tears as she notices the ruins around her.

"NARUTO" Sakura cries out

Right on cue, Naruto arrives in Sage Mode, along with Fukasaku, Gamakichi, Gamabunta, Gamahiro and Gamaken.

"Oh big brother, you're always so dramatic" Aika comments coming out from behind him "now" she glares down "who did this to our village?"