Chapter 24: The Chosen Uzumaki

After adding one more seal, Hashirama creates five wood clones, four to make an opening for the Allied Ninja's and one to confront Madara who decides to stand down until the original is ready. Once inside, the group find themselves facing an army of Ten-Tails clones.

"Well boys it's time to chew gum and kick ass" Aika says as fire clones appear around them "and I got no gum"

"You're so lame" Sasuke says

Aika charges forward and slashes through the beasts. Sasuke smirks and follows after her.

"This feels just right" Naruto says before following them.

The rest of the Rookie Nine follow suit by displaying their own newly mastered abilities: Kiba's Human Beast Mixture Transformation — Three-Headed Wolf, Shino's Parasitic Giant Insect Bug Bite and Team Asuma's Ino–Shika–Chō "Formation E" Human Bullet Yo-Yo. Even Sai joins the fray though ends up being saved by Naruto.

"These things just keep coming" Aika says as another one of her clones are destroyed.

"The only way to beat the Ten-Tails is to defeat its largest extension" Sai tells them "if these little ones will let us close to it"

"Someone tell me what the hell he just said" Aika looks at Naruto

"We need to defeat the big one, the real one" Shikamaru clarifies "these small clones are preventing us from getting to it"

"It's risky but I have an idea" Naruto says

He summons Gamabunta but finds a large Gamakichi aiding him instead. Sasuke and Sakura have a similar conclusions and follow suit by summoning Aoda, in place of the deceased Manda, and Katsuyu respectively. As Sakura has Katsuyu provide aid to the Shinobi Alliance's wounded, Naruto and Sasuke use their summons to fight through to the Ten-Tails.

Aika summons more clones to watch the back of their allies. Sasuke easily slips and cuts through all guards and defense with the aid of his summoning and Susanoo. Once he has a clear view of the Ten-Tails, he aims his Amaterasu bow and arrow at the same time Naruto readies his giant Rasenshuriken from above. As a result of the wind powering the flames, a spiraling mass of black flames is created and hits the beast.

"Sasuke put out your flames when it's weakened" Naruto instructs him "me and Kurama can extract the tailed beast"

"No" Sasuke refuses "I intend to burn it all down"

"It doesn't work that idiot!" Aika scolds "Look"

The two boys turn to see the Ten-Tails easily separating its burning flesh from its body. Suddenly, Obito teleports to the Ten-Tails' head. Easily dispatching Hashirama's wood clone, Madara notices Obito's return and causes black chakra receivers to emerge from Obito's right half.

"Naruto, Sasuke, Aika" Hashirama looks at them "Deal with Obito"

He and Tobirama then produce clones to attack Madara as a contingency plan.

"Why am I involved?!" Aika shouts "I don't do much!"

As Obito's hair turns white from overexertion, Sasuke attempts to attack him in vain, but Minato's shadow clone teleports to him and cuts him down. Shocked to learn that he was the masked man, Minato questions Obito, but he doesn't answer as the Ten-Tails is suddenly absorbed into his body.

"Obito had resisted Madara's control, I don't think he can handle it anymore" Naruto says

All they could do was stand there and observe his transformation into the Ten-Tails' jinchūriki.

"Mama I should've stayed in that cave" Aika whines to herself

"Obito never tried to revive Madara from the beginning, he was actually trying to making himself the Ten-Tails' jinchūriki this whole time" Naruto says shocked