Chapter 19: Aika the Rogue

"Woohoo!"

Aika jumps off a cliff and into a lake of water with a big splash. She layed on her back to float in the water.

"This is nice" Aika sighed

It has been months since Pain had died. Aika was no longer in the Akatsuki, after all she helped kill Pain, she was seen as a traitor. To everyone except Sasuke that is, he's use to her doing whatever she wanted by now.

In reality, she had no idea what she was doing or what made her help her old village. Perhaps it was the attachment to her brothers.

"It was nice to see father though" Aika thought outlook

Aika walked out of the water and squeazed out her hair.

"Hey if you're going to stand there staring at me you should just come out" Aika says without turning around

She heard the bushes rustle and she turned around to see a young girl maybe 6 standing there looking scared.

"You don't seem like you'd be an assassin" Aika says

"I-I'm sorry for intruding" the girl apologized "you're just so pretty, I've never seen hair as bright as yours before"

Aika stares at the shivering girl "are you cold?"

"A-A little" the girl looks away

"It's ok, I won't hurt you" Aria sits down and makes hand signs, a fire appears on the ground in front of her

"Wow" the girl's eyes light up with wonder

The little girl sits across from Aika in front of the fire. She put her hands near it and seemed to warm up a bit.

"Hey kid, where are you from?" Aika asks

"Hm well.." she looks up "their's a big bridge and fish and mama and grandpa"

"In other words you have no idea" Aika sums up

"I can't remember" the girl pouts sadly "I wondered off and got lost"

"Hm.. well considering you seem to be oblivious to the world of ninja you can't be from the Hidden Mist which would be the closest ninja village.." Aika stared into the fire while thinking about what she said "a big bridge.." she looks at the girl "Are you talking about the Great Naruto Bridge?"

"Ah that's it!" The little girl shouts excitedly "that's the name grandpa gave it"

"Huh.. fate sure is strange" Aika says

"So you know where my village is miss?" The little girl asks

"Yes I do.. what's your name?" Aika asks

"Miabi" the girl replies

"Well Miabi it's a pleasure to meet you" Aika pats her head "I'm Aika Uzumaki"

"Ah!" Miabi shouts "you're from the picture!"

"The picture?" Aika looks confused

-

Aika walks accross the bridge holding Miabi's hand, she kept a hood over her face just in case, she was still a rogue after all.

"Thank you all for your help, pease tell us if you see her"

"Grandpa!" Miabi shouts seeing the old man and runs to him

"Miabi!"

Aika smiles as she follows the girl over to him.

"You're lucky I found her old man and not some demon from the mist" Aika says "you're even older then when I last saw you Tazuna."

Tazuna looks up at her as she pulls down her hood.

"Well I'll be damned" Tazuna says "Aika Uzumaki, you're all grown up"

"So the brat Inari is grown up and has a little sister now?" Aika questions "it's funny what time does to people, take care old man"

"Wait" Tazuna stops her "Why don't you stay and rest, as thanks for saving our little one?"

"No thanks old man" Aika smiles "I wouldn't want to get you guys in trouble, watch over her more carefully from now on, life's are precious"

Aika lifted up her hood and walked away.

"Thank you Aika!" Miabi shouts

Aika raises her hand to the kid.

-

"Zabuza, Haku" Aika places a flower at their grave "I had forgotten the lesson you taught me that day at the bridge.. a lesson I'll try to remember going forward"