Chapter 18: Uzumaki Twins vs Pain; Part 5 the End of Pain

The twins opened their eyes, they stood on a pillar miles above the ground. Naruto quickly pulled Aika into his arms as the rock they stood on began to disintegrate. He jumped from piece to piece until he reached the ground and set Aika on her feet.

"thanks" Aika sighs

"Are you ok?" Naruto asks her

"mhm" Aika nods "are you?"

"Yeah" Naruto replies

The twins turn and face Pain. Pain seemed relatively unscathed, his cloak had torn but there were very little physical injuries visible. It was starting to get strange, how he still managed to bounce back after all that.

"Do you finally comprehend pain? Unless you come to know true pain you cannot comprehend someone else?" Pain shouted at them

"You" Aika turns and faces him "You don't want peace, you want pity. We've all lost people but it doesn't give you an excuse to be a shitty person. Be a shitty person for the right goddamn reason"

"Lets agree to disagree" Pain replied simply "So, what is your reason?"

"..." Aika grit her teeth "I've had enough of your games, where is the real Pain?!"

"You've figured that part out now, first Jiraya-Sensei and now you. Leaf ninja are really quite impressive" Pain mused as he drew another staff from his cloak sleeve

"I'm not a Leaf ninja" Aika's Fennikusu activated "not anymore"

"But our discussion is over, further conversation will change absolutely nothing." Pain says

"I want to discuss something with him" Naruto argues as Pain started to walk forward.

"You're in sage mode now Naruto and I believe you can only create two of those rasenshuriken which causes your sage mode to run out." Pain says "If you were to miss twice then the only possible outcome is that you should lose. You'll have no more changes, so I will take you to the brink of death and haul you off!"

"Naruto" Aika looks at him "I have a plan"

"And that is?" Naruto questions

"Well let's just say.." Aika chuckles "it's gonna hurt"

Naruto was about to ask what but she had already ran forward. She met Pain a few feet from where he stood and dodged his strike catching his staff. Aika turned and used his momentum to send him flying into the rocks behind Naruto. His staff now in her hands.

"Ok, Stage 1 complete" Aika says proudly "now Stage 2 is going to hurt big brother"

"What do you mean by that?" Naruto asks

Aika took the staff and stabbed it into Naruto's shoulder. Naruto groans in pain and looks at her.

"A-Aika" Naruto says in pain

"Quickly now!" Aika shouts at him "your Sage chakra connects you to everything! You can use it for long distance tracking including to find Pain"

Naruto's eyes widen "you're right"

"This is the only thing they had in common, so this has to be what he uses to operate the others. Now find him" Aika demands

Naruto nodded, focusing on the staff and extending his sage chakra through it. Not far from where they stood he saw him hidden within the mountains surrounding the village.

"I found him" Naruto breathed

Aika pulled out the staff tossing it aside. She pressed her hand against the wound and white fire was set ablaze in her hand.

Naruto looked panicked "W-wait that-"

"shut up idiot" Aika commands "yes it's highly corrosive to anyone but me but you're my twin and.. it's only corrosive to those I choose for it to be"

"So, you're healing me?" Naruto questions

"Yes" Aika replies "now stop moving"

Her fire soon stopped burning and his shoulder was healed.

"Huh.. strange" Naruto comments

"You little brat" the Pain in front of them growls

"I said I had a plan" Aika smirks "You should've listened. Smoke bombs now!"

Naruto's clones threw two smoke bombs creating a veil between Pain and then. Naruto threw the first rasenshuriken and then a second for it's shadow. Pain deflected the first, dodged the shadow clones Naruto had hidden, and then dodged the second.

Pain landed and the rubble below him began to shake, and with two seconds left Naruto's shadow clones appeared. A shadow clone mixed with a transformation jutsu, basic enough that Pain wouldn't expect it. The clones close in on him but with one second left they were thrown aside.

Naruto created a rasengan as Aika took hold of him and sent him flying towards Pain. Pain stared at him wide eyed, unsure of how to react. Naruto stretched out his arm making contact with Pain's torso, the rasengan tearing into him sending him deep into the rubble around them.

"We did it" Naruto cheers as he falls back into Aika's arms

"Now if big brother Haruto took care of the other Pain, then the only one left is.. the real one" Aika looks off into the direction of where the real Pain is hiding

"Aika" Naruto looks up at her

"Don't say it" Aika sighs "you want to go alone"

Naruto nods

"Naruto you can't use Sage mode anymore" Aika tells him

"I know that, but still" Naruto says as he stands up "I have to"

"Right" Aika falls to her knees exhausted and looks up at Naruto "Go get him"

Naruto looks at her and smiles before running off in the direction of Pain.

---

Aika stands atop the Hokage Mountains, staring down watching as the villagers cheer and throw Naruto into the air. He was now the village's savior, he defeated Pain.

"It looks like my work here is done" Aika turns around and begins walking off

"Aika!"

Aika stops and turns around to see Haruto.

"Haru.." Aika says "What are you doing here?"

"Seeing where the hell you're going" Haruto replies kind of jokingly "Ai are you just gonna leave like this, you helped Naruto defeat Pain and now you're just going.. why.. you can come back to the village"

"That wasn't my intention for coming here" Aika tells him "I just didn't want someone else to take revenge before I've had my say"

"So what.. all of this was just so you can still fight Naruto or something?" Haruto questions

"Basically" Aika crosses her arms

"You belong here with your family Aika" Haruto says sincerely "come home"

"This place.. never really felt like home" Aika tells him before turning around and starting to walk off

"I'll bring you back!" Haruto shouts at her "whatever it takes!"

"Yeah, we'll see about that" Aika waves to him without turning around

Haruto watches sadly as she walks off "I will.. you'll see one day"