Chapter 21: The Great War

For the past couple months Aika stayed clear of any Akatsuki, Ninja, and Sasuke's team. All she could think of was the war, why it was even happening she didn't know. Being away from the ninja world made her very vulnerable. 

Lately she's been thinking of what her father told her during the fight with Pain. Raja, the Pheonix spirit, it was a form of her fire. She couldn't communicate with it like she thought she might've been able to, but nothing worked.

She tried entering her Fennikusu stage and meditating but it was no use. She was so close to unlocking its final form, but she couldn't. The only one who could tell her would be her mother who obtained the Pheonix Cloak before her.

Their use to be a village where the Uzumaki's lived before Konoha. She hasn't left her cave in a long time though; the war could've started, and chances are if it did, she'd end up right in the middle of it completely unprepared.

Aika wanted to be with Sasuke, but she believed them to be on two completely different paths. If only she had listened to him, she would've realized how much he wanted the world to change too. The two were completely unprepared to actually come to terms with their feelings for the world and each other.

Meanwhile it's been weeks since the war started. The land was torn, and the people were trying their hardest to survive. People fought as hard as they could. Zetsus were everywhere and the forces weren't prepared for the reality of this.

Now for the first time in forever, Aika stepped out from the safety of her cave, and nobody was prepared for her to enter the war.

-

Aika stepped out onto the sand that laid around her, yes, she hid in the land of the sand. She wiped her forehead and looked around; the world was truly in war. She began her travel through the woods when she sensed a familiar Prescence. She's felt it before, she stopped moving and quickly jumped off the tree she was on.

When she looked back up the tree was cut up into pieces. She quickly ran before she was crushed under it.

"Well, well, well, where did you come from my dear?"

Aika stared in front of her, it was Zetsu or at least not the real one.

"Oh, you know, living under a rock" Aika answers sarcastically

"I've never liked your mouth" he sneers

"And I've never liked you so we're even" Aika replies.

She looks behind her to see a giant plant-like monster forming.

"Oh shit, that's new" Aika takes out her katana and slices the vines trying to grab her.

One suddenly grabs her by the legs, she screams as she drops her blades, and it dangles her over its mouth.

"Sorry but he tends to like smart mouthed little girls, they taste the best"

"Hey hey hey we can talk about this!" Aika shouts "I was an Akatsuki member too!"

"But you killed Pain, so I'm afraid you have to go dear, you're a liability. Madara's orders, you are to be taken care of on the spot."

"Oh, fuck then" Aika activates her Fennikusu.

She blasts fire at the beast, but it does, nothing. That had never happened before, she felt just as powerless as she use to be. Aika was dropped but before she entered its mouth the monster screeched in pain, and she found herself in someone's arms.

"Fire Cat are you ok?"

"G-Gaara!" Aika shouts at him surprised

"Hey, we're here too" Tamari's voice was heard from below

"This is a war what in the world were you thinking going out alone" Kankuro lectures "these guys have been looking for you left in right, what are you an idiot?"

"Hold on a minute why are you all acting like we're friends?!" Aika shouts at them "I was trying to kill you and destroy your village a year ago!"

"Naruto" they all respond

"What?" Aika looked confused

"He pleaded with the Kage's to forgive you, take the bounty off you head" Gaara tells her "And we did, don't know why"

"Big brother did" Aika wonders out loud

"Touching reunion this is, but my orders are to kill the female Uzumaki the moment she's spotted" Zetsu speaks "so if you don't mind  Kazekage"

Gaara places Aika on her feet and stands in front of her "Not happening"

The other two sand siblings stand beside Gaara and stare down the clone. They soon began battling and Aika could do was watch and wonder to herself, Why?

Why go through this for me, I turned into a villain, i tried to destroy the tailed beasts and their users. I left my village, I.. killed pain.. I care.

All these months Aika had been alone, scared of being found and killed, scared of going home. She was afraid to be alone but at the same time afraid to face what she had done. If the sand was this damaged and bad, then Konaha could be worse. All she wanted in this moment, was to save her home.