Chapter 22: Spirit of the Uzumaki's; Raja Appears

It had been a week since Aika was saved by the sand and cried in their arms. They were so confused by this sudden change in attitude. Aika had a hard time coming to the decision herself, she had been fueled by hate for so long, she couldn't anymore. She missed her home, her friends, her brothers, she wanted nothing more than to save them.

Aika had finally arrived at the abandoned village of the Uzumaki's. She walked through the ghost town until she came to the center temple. Ninjas these days didn't have temples or believe in spirits.

Aika entered the temple, she sat down and activated her Fennikusu, she just hoped this worked. Haruto had mentioned this years ago when they first met. The user of the Fennikusu could communicate with her past in the temple where the spirit of Raja resides.. it didn't make sense to a little kid but it did now.

Aika opened her eyes and found herself surrounded by white.

"Aika!"

Aika turned around and saw a beautiful women with red hair that looked like her. Unlike her father who wasn't that recognizable, she knew who this was.

"Mama!" Aika ran as fast as she could and was engulfed in a hug from her mother

"My baby girl" Kushina cried "My Aika"

"Mom" Aika sighed and smiles

"How could you do that to your brothers?!" Kushina started scolding her "All they do is care about you and you keep pushing them away, you and your phase I knew you'd pull a stunt like that I-"

Aika started laughing, Kushina stopped lecturing and suddenly smiled.

"But you went back for them when they needed you" Kushina says "and you're doing it now"

"Mama, I don't know what to do" Aika looks down "I've been gone from the world for so long, it's like i'm powerless again"

"The only one who can make you powerless is yourself" Kushina tells her lifting Aika's head up.

"I should've been training all that time" Aika says

"You have the heart honey, you lack the experience" Kushina says "you're still young and you're not your brothers, you can't compare yourself to them, you are you. You're my daughter."

"I can't even communicate with Raja" Aika says

"Raja isn't a tailed beast" Kushina chuckles 

"I know it's a spirit but-"

"No" Kushina stops her "Raja, is you"

"Me?" Aika looks confused.

"The spirit of Raja refers to you as an Uzumaki" Kushina tells her "The spirit of Raja is in you is a saying your father never really paid attention to, it's not an actual Pheonix spirit, it's a feeling of belonging and family, once you've reached it you've unlocked your flames true potential. Destruction and healing, your two flames, it's the power to protect your loved ones. Sacrificing your life for your loved ones and then rising from the ashes to be with them, and never letting them go."

"You protected me and Naruto from the nine-tails, why didn't you use your jutsu to rebirth then?" Aika asks "you would've still been here"

"Once the Fennikusu is passed down to your child you lose the ability to use it" Kushina tells her "It's a sacrifice, a mother's love to protect her daughter, so her daughter can protect her family"

Aika's eyes shine before she starts crying. Kushina reached out and hugged her daughter.

"Naruto and Haruto are doing all they can to protect their friends and end this war" Kushina says "Can I trust you to protect them?"

"Yes" Aika bawls her eyes out like a child "I will"

"That's my girl" Kushina places a kiss on Aika's forehead

Aika cries as she feels the hold of her mother disappear and she found herself alone in the temple. A cloak of white fire began to materialize around her, and her eyes turned pure white with a glowing black pupil.