[3]

Why did you have to leave me
When you said that love will conquer all?

╔.✯. .═════════════╗
LAST ARGUMENT ❦ ╚═════════════. .✯.╝

A shining red Mustang---upgraded by M.A.T.A. stopped in front of Alicia's house. The car door opens and Ali came out in his black tuxedo. General Rama exited the house and gave Ali short reminders. The said man aged noticeably, he's now looking pale--a sign that he hasn't recovered yet from his illness.

" Take care of Alicia, Ali. She should be here before midnight. "

" Yes General you can count on me, you have been reminding me that for 10 years. Therefore,I want to ask your permission General, I uhmm I-I'm planning to propose to Alicia today I think it's time to settle down "

The shocked general didn't respond,he looks bothered but sighed after.

" It's been 10 years, I think youre right. Besides you're not that bad to be an in law " he patted Ali's shoulder as Alicia came out in her black dress.

" Thank you General " he smiled and approached Alicia and kissed the back of her hand.

" Shall we go? " Ali asked as he held her hand.

" We'll be going Papa, don't hesitate to call if something happens " the general just gave them a smile and nodded.

" I'm trying out the new Mustang that M.A.T.A. upgraded so what do you think? "

" It suits you, Ali"

" Just what I thought "

•••

They arrived in a small island. Alicia was puzzled giving Ali her questioning look as Ali just got off the car and opened the door for her, he then guided her at the entrance.

A crew greeted them with a smile and guided them at the back of the hotel.

Alicia was awed by the sight. A platform was formed in the sand where the table and chairs for their candle lit dinner are located. A 10 meter bridge lies ahead where you can see the surroundings. Floating lanterns are scattered in the water making the sight enchanting.

Ali moved a seat for her and sat in the chair across her. A crew served their food as Ali placed a circular object in the table and the calming music enveloped them.

" It's so beautiful Ali " Alicia said appreciating how beautiful the night is, completely forgetting the thing that bothers her earlier.

" Of course, you deserve the best " he said winking

•••

Dessert has been served and they decided to walk at the bridge afterwards, the mellow sounds of the violin are only to hear that time and the thing that bothers Alicia came across her mind again and she failed to hide it from Ali

" What thing that is more important than me bothers my sweet? " he jokingly asked

" Ali, I've been thinking about this I'm hesitating to tell you but I think it's the right thing to do. Would you listen to me first? Let me finish first, please don't burst out Ali "

" Well that sounds disturbingly serious, sure I promise "

Alicia hesitated again but it's little too late to take back her words, isn't it? She sighed

" Ali, I love you " she said

" I know and you know I love you too "

" And I can't visualize my future without you... but I think fate doesn't favor us... A-Ali I'm bethroted to Rudy i-its not like I want to---"