[5]

Just let me love you
When your heart is tired

╔.✯. .═════════════╗
❦           OVERRIDE            ❦
╚═════════════. .✯.╝

" Ali where have you been? You've been absent for a week! I tried to ask your dad and even went to your house but no one is there! what really happened? " Viktor met him in the entrance of the school and bombarded him with questions.

Ali did not know what to say. Actually he's been staying at the Headquarters running some check ups and stuffs after being overridden by IRIS again while his Dad is on a business trip. He stuttered and glance at various places until he spotted Alicia doing her rounds.

" Uhh--hurry hurry! we are gonna be late I don't want to have punishment the first  time I go back to school! " he said and ran to their room. He would ask Alicia what to respond later.

" Ehh Ali wait up! " Viktor yelled catching up with him

Luckily as soon as the bell rings the teacher is already there so Viktor did not have a chance to ask him again. Unluckily, Viktor have a chance in their break time. Well after he manage to catch up with Ali, again.

Viktor begrudgingly run after Ali who's catching up with Alicia but somehow along the chase, he managed to lost him. Viktor sighed, he only wanted to ask, why does it come to this?

Ali surely is suspicious.

•••

Ali is under pressure, he might not say or show it but he was afraid. Knowing that something is able to control him scares him to the bone yet he can't be afraid of it. He needs to take that risk in order to continue to live the life that he wanted. He wanted to be an agent so what heap of a metal could control him without his consent?

" IRIS " he heard someone mumbled, of course it should be the one and only Alicia Kheng if it's not her it would be another death scare for him.

" Was I thinking out loud again? " he asked.

Alicia hummed as she glance at him. It was brief yet she could see different emotions written on his face. Before, she would not even care about him as long as there is no objective from MATA involved but things change and it is one of it.

She realized that it is so immature of her, considering that the boy is actually nice though there is an unexplainable hatred present towards each other. After years of being partners, they grow to accept each others differences and flaws and eventually fix their relationship.

Ali, burdened by override for years is the most scary thing since there was a point when IRIS took control of him for a long time even if he passed out and woke up.
Override does not happen a lot but when it did IRIS starts to hack the systems and get informations that eventually lead to overloading and deactivating much for the agents' gratification.

" Should I inform the General that you need some time? " she asked gently, earning a thankful smile from the tekno agent.

" Don't worry Alicia, I'll manage. It's just that, I feel conflicted and bothered but that's what counseling are for right? Anyway, what should I tell to Viktor when he finally manage to press the question? "

" No, I really think you are not in a good shape today Ali, besides the missions are getting harder and harder to accomplish these days so how about we'll handle this and avoid the risk of you getting overridden again? "

" But the counseling is eating me alive Alicia, I think I'm going insane if it continues and I should reach the point where IRIS can't override me anymore--how could I if I ran away from the problem? I think you are the one who needs to take a break I mean are you sure nothing hurts any more? I'm really sorry on what happen the last time I was overridden. " he asked as the said situation flashed in his mind.