[10]

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends

╔.✯. .═════════════╗
ALMOST EPHEMERAL
╚═════════════. .✯ .╝

He can hear her thoughts on every corner of the bathroom. The melancholic feeling that surrounds it, the inner turmoils etched in an abandoned wine glass at the edge of the bathtub or the single wet towel that creates that repeated beat from the water droplets. The mood can almost be written with the moist in the mirror or even see it in the other pair of toothbrush that is left unused for months, as well as the other halves of the pair of things that they bought together.

None could compare at the sight of a petite woman sleeping on the middle of the bed, her murmurs and whimpers, her cries and pleads.

" I want you back, please come back " the same statement can be heard in the room over an hour.

When will she wake up from all of her dreams and start to accept that it already ended?
.
.
.

She cannot that is.

The purr of a sleeping feline didn't sound as lively before, almost as if those actions of the woman mentioned a while ago.

He could almost cry... yet that familiar ache in his heart did not come. He didn't felt the beat even for once. Almost the same as the ringing phone she failed to notice half an hour ago.

She changed... a lot, if he would've known that it will lead to this maybe he would've stop right there and then--when a single thought even came into his mind while he succumb to his selfish desire.

Maybe if he knew, he'll just stay where he was. Stand and watch like a bystander he would ought to be, t-then... then maybe she wouldn't be like this. They, they wouldnt be like this.

How advanced is Cyberjaya again? Would it be selfish if he hoped to have them build a time machine? Would it be absurd that he regret that he didn't tried to build one? After all he'll be a hypocrite when he did that, but who cares really?

Can't he be a little more selfish at least once? Can't he claim that hypocrisy and take back his words: "time machine isn't possible and it's just a waste of time", admit that even he is not capable of letting something go and just accept it.

A mere glance of the woman and the couple of picture frames on the bedside table is enough to ignore such things, b-but... but then again... can he?

He cannot.

His chance slipped from his grasp. That single opportunity had closed the door before he managed to grab it.

No.

He already lost the benefits, privileges, life, everything... everything that he have... the moment he died.

Gone...

Dead...

Lifeless...

Breathless...

Buried six feet under...