[13]

╔.✯. . ═════════════╗
MADNESS
╚═════════════. .✯ .╝

Alicia slipped the right strap of her bag on her shoulder after they were dismissed by their Literature teacher. Ali on the other hand, attentively waited for her outside the class room's door.

" So... you up for ramen after our mission later? " he asked before she entered her house.

" I'll think about it " she replied shortly, thinking if ramen would sound appealing after shorter or longer mission later.

Ali nodded, the famous grin of his not leaving his lips. After Alicia finally closed the door he happily walk his way home, reminding himself to answer his home works quickly and clean his room so he could go to the academy earlier than he was supposed to.

•••

By the time Alicia arrived in the academy, Ali is already in the briefing room as well as their fellow agents.

The mission is pretty big and as much as she like to be involved in the said mission and add it to her achievements, she's pretty much disagreeing in the idea of she and Ali joining the mission. It's not like they are not capable but Ali had been taking a toll from override and well, emotional problems and so. So even though they are all dismissed she stayed and talked to the General. Ali, noticing that Alicia is no longer by his side stopped on his tracks and looked at the automatic door of the briefing room.

To Alicia's dismay, her request was denied. And to make things worse than she thought as well as what is commonly happening before, their mission was going out of hand and plan. Said plans were outsmarted by their subjects, they brought plenty of smuggled techs.

To everyone's horror, the mission triggerred override--offff course...-- and it's not like the override before. Oh how Alicia wished she trusted her guts to not recommend Atlas to be used in the said mission.

On the other hand, they were aware on what's going on but then again they are taking the risk of...well suffer the consequence of IRIS override too.

A minute of silence is deafening as everyone froze in their spot. It is scary how even a group of people who does not know about override sensed that something bad is going to happen.

Words and datas appears right before their eyes and as they were all briefed about IRIS datas informations every week so they'll understand the situation more, they did not understand what is happening. It is said that IRIS collects data and works through the wielder's brain command yet they witnessed how override seemed to reverse it. IRIS seems to command Ali's body and first time that ever happened during overrides, Ali smirked as he quickly attacked the escaping mission subjects.

Soon enough it's is their doom yet no one backed out. They knew what would happen yet no one think of a plan instead of fighting override knowing that it is in vain. Heck, how can they? Sleeping gas doesn't work on override now and don't mention making him sleep through a punch--they can't even lay a finger on him last time, luckily override always deactivate after the fight then the wielder's body would faint after.

Well, the point is they can not just wait for it to happen since it would take long and they knew in the end of the day they still need to take care of the IRIS agent. Oh how Alicia wished that she insisted to stay in the academy instead.

•••

One minute they were standing inside a dimly lit room preventing the smuggling.