[18]

╔.✯. .═════════════╗
❦     VOICE MESSAGES   ❦
╚═════════════. .✯.╝

The last time he saw her probably was here, at Cyberaya's train station or the mall in a couple of steps ahead. It had been lively that day yet he easily spotted an estranged silhouette of a girl near the gigantic decorations of the mall, there's nothing unusual really, she's just staring at it for who knows how long before she looked at his direction and though they are seperated by two floors, it is as if they have a connection that conveyed each other's thoughts. Actually, his mind is empty that time as he watch how she had put her "farewell gift" under the decorations. Of course he had immediately descended on the stairs as he picked up the said object and tried to follow her, keyword:tried.

Now it is that time of the year again, and walking to the mall alone does not bring any, merry spirit. Not that no one would want to accompany him but going here is a spur of the moment decision. But then again,the only thing that brings satisfaction at this particular moment is seeing happy faces though sometimes it causes pinches in his heart. He loves holidays, and he surely enjoy it but she...not much. What would she even like? ---love? Because Alicia Kheng never really shown anything for him to figure it out. He deeply breathed as he silently recited her name in his heart as if asking for a response and the sudden tightness confirmed that it is indeed her that is making him sad.

He stopped at the same spot she stood three years ago and almost laugh at the gigantic decoration hanging from there, the employees had protected the decoration at all cost for it to be good as new. He could feel a lump forming in his throat again as memories rushed back in his mind. She broke up with him too fast that he was taken aback and he moved on too slow that over a period of time he had developed an ability to hold the thought of her almost unresponsive.

It took two years for her to realize that loving does not mean staying together and this decision is not something she would call abrupt as she tried to find a perfect answer or solution rather to deal with this relationship. For example, she tried to choose all the choices she have, like how she tried to date him but eventually broke up with him.

However, nothing really had changed on her habit though she realized it just now, she had always took note of everything he do when they got together. It's not that she was uncomfortable but rather she did not grow accustomed to everything he does. Ali can be full of surprises while she sometimes can be a sore thumb among all the fingers.

An example is him being sweet and all, the weather is great that Saturday morning, she had visited him at 6:30 and met his Dad in front of the house saying that Ali was still asleep. Though in her opinion, it is pretty late she chose to cook for them before waking him up. He had hugged her from behind while she is frying eggs, asked her if she'll join him for breakfast, snorted when she said yes and told her that maybe she should reward herself for finally joining him for breakfast. The next scenes were not that uneventful nor fast but the only thing that registered in her mind is him throwing a tantrum, pretty much it is because of what she said. By now she couldn't remember the said phrase but Ali did not come back to see her out that day, not even text had she recieved.

If not having a mission the next two days, they wouldn't meet. In fact, Ali had prided himself so Alicia took a step and went home with him. Said pride did not last long as he kissed her the moment they entered his house, thank the heavens that his Dad did not come home till later.

And so, everytime something arises it always went like that. Said game last for long, that an argument arises from this too. Ali would insist that she needs his love and she would insist to herself that he is unique to her which eventually became an extinguisher of that warmth they failed to notice until she finally get to the conclusion that Ali bin Ghazali could live without her. It did not come immediately, it is a long months after their last argument broke out. She had suggested for them to break up and he agreed. She quietly left but she had seen tears, she finally admitted that they had been immature to kept to themselves that they really loved each other.