[8]

If I would have known that you wanted me
The way I wanted you
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here in each other's arms

╔.✯. . ═══════════════╗
ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE
╚═══════════════. .✯ .╝

Ah this is life. Ali leaned back to the chair, sipping his coconut juice and letting his sunglasses slide back through his nose bridge, smugly staring at Alicia who is playing volleyball with their fellow agents.

She's wearing a black one piece.

Though he's doing it pretty discreetly, Alicia glared at him when they took a break before sitting in the chair beside him and grabbing her robe.

" What? " he innocently asked.

She didn't reply, she didn't even spare him a glance, she just picked up her bag and pull out her sunscreen and sit back on the chair.

Ali removed his sunglasses and put it on the nearby table before standing up and swiftly taking the sunscreen from her hands. She just rolled her eyes and laid on her stomach.

He gently applied the sunscreen on her back then close the lid of the container before giving it back to her and casually going back to his seat.

They both basked themselves with the relaxation they earned because of agent Rizwan's constant asking for a vacation to the general and watched their fellow agents surf and swim.

"Aren't you going for a swim? " Ali asked after a while.

" It's too hot, maybe later. " she answered before sipping her juice.

Agent Geetha approached them minutes later, telling them to go back in the cabin and eat lunch. They obliged and tied their robes on their body while waiting for the others to go there as well.

•••

They shared a feast of seafoods, native delicacies and drinks in peace until Moon open up a topic that the fellow agents decided to ignore for a long time but hey curiosity is hard to deal with!

" So... are you two like... you know going out? " she cautiously asked while glancing at Alicia and Ali who are undoubtedly arguing.

Alicia who is removing the shells of the lobster for Ali stopped and look at the others who are giving them curious glances in a questioning manner.

" No " she answered nonchalantly

" Yeah, why would you think of that anyway? " Ali added while putting plenty of viands in Alicia's plate.

" That's enough, I don't eat like you " she said as she glared at him

" You're too skinny for my liking Alicia "

" I don't want you to like me in the first place "

" Hey hey hey wait a minute, that's not what I mean "

" Oh I thought it was, since you're literally staring earlier "

" Uh-huh? "

It was normal. Yep. Totally normal. Flirting? yeah a normal sight for their fellow agents. They just woke up one day and Ali and Alicia are like this. Yet they are not dating. Yep pretty normal.

The mentors just cough and continued to eat while the young agents just eyed them suspiciously.

When finally the tension seems to disappear, Moon causes it again. She just won't drop the topic eh?