[16]

╔.✯. .═══════════════════════╗
❦ THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING ❦
╚═══════════════════════. .✯.╝

When she finally glanced outside the glass pane of the student's council room she found him walking with Viktor in the hallway. He's wearing their school P. E. uniform, doning a half grin.

Just then a fake cough pulled her attention from the said boy. It's been the third time someone confessed to her and asked her out that month, her schoolmates had been hinting about it a few times. The boy--young man in her front actually is from a higher grade and quite familiar.

It's in the science lab as far as she can remember, where she first saw the said young man; he is handing her the newly arrived equipments that her teacher told her to pick up that day, of course she thanked him and went on her way. The second time she couldn't feign ignorance, she engage him with a small talk for the sake of being polite. She had been feigning interest in his achievements as if he hadn't just boldly asked her to be his girlfriend.

She admire the courage though, not the fact that she have to describe what she think of him and all the former suitors(?)'
that gathers up all of their courage--according to Ali--when she barely even know them. But in the end of the day she could only say "I'm sorry".

So the said young man visibly force a smile maybe hiding the signs of his displeasure or shattered pride as he replied "it's okay", she recognize it anyway. He left with few of his friends that seems to tease him as a form of comfort.

She suddenly remembers the first time Ali actually reach out to her or was he just unfortunate that they were called in MATA that time and have Alicia saw him pissy just because he got rejected. She didn't even say a thing and the said boy feels humiliated, it's not as if she tease him relentlessly, she tried her best to actually cheer him up but it's not something she'll do everytime for him.

Oscar and his friends caught a glimpse of Ali and Viktor ahead, looking from a distance. Alicia on the other hand, turned her head and looked in their direction with brows slightly furrowed, maybe they didn't see it after all. She let her gaze stay at them for ten seconds and seeing that they wouldn't turn their head back, she tidy up her things and pick up her bag.

She and Ali--even Viktor and Mia are not lucky enough to be in the same class after entering high school, and they were separated by several floors. After entering the fourth year of high school, her club activities and duties suddenly became busy, and gradually they stopped going home together--a habit they developed after many years.

At first, he waited for her three or four times. That day, Alicia rushed to his classroom, and saw him sitting in his seat, fiddling with his phone looking bored and even Viktor is not accompanying him. It repeated three or more times as if punctuality never been her thing... so when embarrassment overcomes her, she finally told him to go back first even if they're going in a mission afterwards.

" I always make you wait, I'm sorry " she stated barely speaking the ghost of an "or" as a continuation. It's also the first time she held the hope of if's

If you don't mind, we can still go together.

Because she thought of a reply that the tekno would gave her because she prided herself that she understand and knew the boy. Maybe he'll tilt his head and say that it's fine and as always, he'll still wait for her to go with him.

But that day he nods in undestanding and picks up his things, muttered an 'okay' as they lock the classroom door. She furrowed her brow that day because she didn't expect the reply but nonetheless, she didn't bother about that sort of thing.