[15]

╔.✯. .═══════════════════════╗
FIRST LOVE NEVER WORKS INDEED
╚═══════════════════════. .✯.╝

He should have known the moment he realized that he actually like Alicia Kheng romantically that things with her would get hard.

But who cares? You get a chance, grab it and try, it's better than not. So when there had been a progress in their relationship, he actually got a little too hopeful.

Again who cares? because in the end he actually got the girl. Three long years and here they are, if twelve years old Ali was told about this he might actually be offended but it happened.

Of course wooing Alicia had been hard considering their past and their not so pleasant relationship before. Technically, it improved, got better, developed what ever it is, it progressed to the point Ali actually think twice for anything that he said to Alicia mostly when it comes to their banters.

Viktor had been thrilled of course, when he noticed that Ali seems to be improving himself and maturing a bit. He's not as naive as he is before and actually became more open-minded and eager to learn things. So when he noticed Ali's relationship with the top of their class seems much closer and looks somehow intimate, it is then when he learn few different things about his friend. Sure Ali seems so busy and always with Alicia (base from so many phone calls) which had been happening since they were twelve but now he can see the subtle stares, automatic grins, cheeky and sometimes flirtatious (this much more subtle) comment or response and even the amount of the time Ali spend to look much "better" when they planned outings or even just to study. Ali is in love.

Alicia took some time to reciprocate those even if the expected thing for it is to be a big change. It actually came naturally, one day it just seems that anyone is not bothered by these scenes no matter how many Alicia's suitors are or how many adores Ali. Soon enough there are subtle hand-holding, 'simple' touches and head leanings here or there. Then after a month or so, the news of their relationship is spreading like a wildfire.

But look where they are...

MATA's bullet train does not amaze him that much like before, maybe because of him entertaining various of unfathomable thoughts as he stared at the glass pane to see nothing but a blur.

He's finally allowed to go back in Headquarters after a week being reprimanded. He's doing his best but that doesn't mean that he didn't screw up anymore. He sighed tapping his kneecap and fishing his phone from his pocket, the sight of 20% battery remaining made him furrowed his brows, he swiped through his Dad's and Viktor's missed calls and messages before his thumb settled to Alicia's name with one missed call and a single message. His eyes became gentle at the name and maybe a little apologetic.

It's true that Ali would undoubtedly prioritize Alicia but he knew there are things more than that, maybe it was because of the pedestal he put the girl on that made him want to do his best to be good enough for her. Maybe it was those haunting what ifs in his mind or the silent humm at night or even just a sight of her, even her smile... what ever it is, it made Ali a little more of a person he never think he would be before.

They actually planned something to do that particular week, maybe after the missions or trainings, maybe they'll eat? talk? just spend sometime? Whatever it is, it did not happen. It seems that Alicia changed her mind the moment he got reprimanded, not that she blame him actually--she told him that--but of course he had been a little disappointed.

He blinked, time seems so fast yet sometimes slow, he finally arrived at his destination. Looking the time at his phone, he walked absent-minded. The night breeze is cold, enough to make him shiver just a little. He paced slowly, gingerly climbing the stairs as he wonders how long he and Alicia hadn't spoken to each other properly, sure they text, call, video call(seldomly) from time to time but how many phrases did they even say to each other other than simple pleasantries and small talks? maybe that's why Alicia suggested to at least go out one of those days last week. Ahh, too bad for him maybe he really screwed up then?