Chapter 2: Korra and Asami

Being the Avatar, Korra was supposed to bring balance and peace throughout the world. However, she lacks the confidence she once had when Mako, Asami, and Bolin were there to help. Without Mako and Bolin, the Avatar felt she was incomplete and empty. A hollow void remains within the Avatar's mental state as she can barely recognize who she even is anymore. Ever since the incident, Korra has completely blamed herself for what happened and is unable to speak of it since then. Even though Opal had forgiven her, she can't seem to forgive herself. Wanting to collect her thoughts, Korra decides to leave Republic City and live with Tenzin and his family at the Air Nation temples. It's been a while since she saw her friends. Asami was busy with her company and Korra hasn't talked to Opal since the incident, assuming she has no right to do so.

On the other side of the world, Asami is currently making a blueprint for her new device that would bring clean energy throughout the world. Asami is trying to figure out how to make better, efficient machines that utilizes less fuel and produces less waste, but is unable to spill any ideas because she is too worried about Korra's mental health. Whenever she would come up with half of a concept, her brain would start drifting away from her project and towards Korra.

All she could think about is how much would Korra change and whether it would be for the better or for worse.

Turning her head towards her pocket watch, Asami notices it is five in the morning and she hasn't received a single ounce of sleep today. Noticing the pile of crumpled pieces of papers flooding her trash can, it was from here, Asami made the proper call to take a long break. Wanting to check up on Korra, she uses up all the vacation days she had been storing and decides to head to the Air Nation herself. She begins to pack her bags and books for the earliest boat trip she is available.

Asami and Korra haven't seen each other for almost three months since Korra's last mission and Asami barely remembers what was their last conversation they had with each other. She starts to nervously sweat as she is unsure how Korra would react to her unexpected visit. But most of all, She's mostly curious as she is still oblivious to why Korra blames herself for Mako and Bolin's deaths. Asami remembers the last time she brought it up, Korra had violently used her airbending skills, pushing Asami away and began locking herself from the rest of the world.

After remembering this verbal exchange, she remembered that it was the last conversation she shared with Korra.

"What am I gonna do?" Asami thought to herself.

Fearing her reaction upon her arrival, Asami made a call to Tenzin. She used the telephone in her office and called ahead of time.

Meanwhile at the Air Temple, Korra hears the phone ringing. She grabs the phone, extending the cable to Pema. Pema picks up the phone and begins to receive the call.

"Hello?" Pema greeted Asami.

"Pema, is Tenzin around?" Asami asked.

"Oh hey Asami! Not at the moment, he is currently training the new air benders right now.." Pema stated.

"Well anyways, I just want to let him know that I'm coming to the Air Temple soon. I think I'll be staying for a little while. I'm planning on spending all my unused vacation days there." Asami stated.

Pema looked at Korra and smiled as she told the news to Korra. Hearing this, Korra signaled with her hands that she was delighted to hear and ran down the landing docs as she sat completely silent, waiting for her friend to arrive.

Inside Republic City, Asami runs into the chief of police at the shipping docs.

"Asami!" Lin shouted.

Asami was surprised to be greeted by Lin as she wasn't expecting her arrival. Asami reached her hand out to the police officer and began greeting herself.