Chapter 21: Confrontation

Entering the boat, Korra and Asami start planning their trip together. Korra wasn't sure what Asami would be interested in but knew there were a few things she had to try. Pointing to certain regions of the southern water tribe within the map, Korra described penguin sledding to her.

"If there is one thing you should try, it's penguin sledding," Korra suggested.

"What's that?" Asami asked.

Korra started to giggle as the name was pretty self-explanatory. Although she found it amusing, she couldn't help herself to laugh even harder after seeing Kuvira sitting a couple of seats away from her. Kuvira was busy reading a brochure of the place to notice Korra's presence. Getting up from her seat, Korra walked upwards to Kuvira, tapping her against the shoulder.

Kuvira is taken aback, turning around to see Korra once again.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Kuvira asked.

"I'm heading home with Asami. What are you doing?" Korra responded.

"After helping you and Lin stop the Iron Bloods, I got bored. I'm spending what little time I have traveling." Kuvira stated.

Korra questioned why Kuvira wanted to go to the Southern Water Tribe as there were better places to visit. She could have gone to Fire Empire's beaches or even visited Ba Sing Se and absorb the new and improved government that she tried to create. Of all the places she would have toured, the Southern Water Tribe seemed to be the strangest. Korra kept silent, being polite towards Kuvira's peculiar choices. Asami suggested they bring Kuvira along as more people would lighten the mood.

"I think you should come with us, Kuvira. It'll be an amazing experience." Asami suggested.

"You want to travel alongside a former warmonger?" Kuvira inquired.

"You already served your sentence. Besides, I heard you helped Korra rescue me. For that, I want to repay you." Asami stated.

Kuvira shrugged nonchalantly as she decided to tag along with the two lovers. Kuvira wanted to get the full experience of the Southern Water Tribe and she believed Korra was the best person to offer that lifetime moment....

A week has gone by since their arrival and Korra still can't get enough sleep. It's the last day till they leave back to Republic City. It was just the three of them as they decided to go on a last-minute camping adventure. During the week, Kuvira and Asami had already met Korra's parents and were lathered with hospitality. Korra told her parents about the relationship she shared and explained why she disappeared for so long. After sharing the harsh journey she went through, Tonraq and Senna accepted their marriage.

Coming back to the present, the moon was full. Caressing Asami's smooth skin and embracing her luscious curves, Korra leaves her bed. Quickly getting dressed, Korra leaves the tent, heading for a lonely walk in the dark.

While the Sun was absent from the sky, the snowy atmosphere was illuminated by the Nordic Lights of the Southern Region. After spending time with herself, Korra walks through the hard snow as she notices Kuvira sitting in a chair and watches the lights once more. Pulling the chair beside her, Korra begins chatting with her former enemy.

"What're you doing up so late?" Korra asked.

Kuvira was startled as she didn't expect anyone to wake up this early.

"I'm just admiring the view," Kuvira stated.

"You know, these lights are created by..."

Kuvira interrupts Korra's explanation.

"Shut up.... I don't want to know the background behind these lights." Kuvira stated.

"Why?" Korra inquired.