Chapter 18: Bishop vs Korra

Reaching the ground, Korra slams her feet, feeling the vibrations of everything beneath. Looking for Asami, Korra notices a secret tunnel right beneath the castle entrance. While the path was long and narrow, it seemed to be the only possible answer leading to Asami's whereabouts. Using her Earthbending, Korra digs herself into the path, entering into the tunnel.

The tunnel starts to shake as she enters causing Korra to worry about the allies she left behind.

"What the hell was that?" Korra asked.

"Just keep going, it came from the castle." Kya stated.

"But what about Lin and Kuvira?" Korra inquired.

"Now is not the time to worry about them. We need to find Asami before it's too late." Kya responded.

The two water benders continue to walk for what feels like an hour. While their journey was long and menial, a sudden ray of hope fills their souls as they notice the light at the end of the tunnel.

Rushing through the exit, Korra and Kya are suddenly ambushed by the Zhu brothers who were waiting for them at the entrance. Just as the two females exit the dark and narrow path, Wei begins playing his harp, projecting an air attack towards the two female's direction. With their quick reaction time, Korra and Kya managed to dodge the blow hitting the stonewall behind them instead.

Not wasting a single second, Korra uses her Avatar state to bolt through the two brothers. Passing through the brothers with ease, the Zhu siblings begin chasing after them only to be interrupted by Kya. As the brothers turn around, Kya uses the water from the nearby springs from the cave and blocks the entrance behind Korra.

Looking back, Korra wanted to help Kya fight the brothers but knew it was a luxury she could not afford. The young Avatar started this mission having faith in no one, not even herself. Now she must learn to have in everyone around her, especially to those that mattered the most. With time ticking, Korra uses her air and fire bending to boost herself faster than before.

All she could see was darkness, but she knew if she went straight, she would eventually reunite with her girlfriend again. Korra finally reached the end of the tunnel but was shocked to be met with Bishop instead of Asami. Expecting answers to where she was, Korra was faced with more questions instead.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Bishop asked.

"Where the hell is Asami?" Korra demanded.

"If you're here I can only assume both twins are dead..." Bishop stated.

Turning on her Avatar state once more Korra asks the question one final time.

"Where is she?" Korra demanded.

"Fight for it!" Bishop stated with a creepy grin on his face.

Bishop rushes forward Korra, throwing his fist towards her general direction. Reacting to the attack, Korra lifts both arms as she blocks it. While she wanted to throw a counter hit of her own, the blow sent the Avatar flying as she crashed into the cave walls. Bishop was using his complete strength, which was more than Korra had encountered previously. With her back against the wall, the inked villain flashes in front of Korra in an instant prepared to throw another punch. This time, Korra learned from her mistake as she dodged the charged advance instead.

Ducking below his fist, Korra slides beneath the masked figure as she tries to gain distance between themselves. With the intense speed Bishop had, Korra assumed her only chance at winning was maintaining her distance from her opponent. This only made things worse as the air and fire demon, inside of him, burst out of his back.