Chapter 7: Fox and Owl

Korra wakes up with Asami shaking her violently. As she regains consciousness, hearing Asami screaming.

"Korra! Get up, we have to go now!" Asami hollered.

Korra was confused but didn't falter to follow alongside Asami, trusting her friend completely.

"What's going on?" Korra asked in a confused manner.

"The hospital is being attacked by two members of the Blood Circle. We need to leave now!" Asami explained.

Asami wrapped Korra's arm around her shoulders as she carried her out of the emergency room. Korra barely was able to follow along as the damage from fighting Oni is causing her severe pain. Korra was covered in cuts and bruises and her breathing seems to be restricted. Her eyes were bruised, making it hard for her to keep them open and her legs barely worked due to over-exhaustion, causing her to limp instead of walk.

Moving down the aisle, Asami and Korra come face to face with Owl; a member of the Blood Circle. As the two heroes make eye contact with the masked villain, Asami immediately opens a nearby room and manages to shove Korra out of harm's way. Owl throws some ice shards towards their general directions but Asami manages to enter the room before getting hit. Managing to dodge those ice torpedoes, Asami used her quick thinking, barricading the door in front of them.

Asami was perplexed on how the masked criminal was able to water bend as she remembered Lin mentioning their inability to. However, misinformation was the least of her problems as they're barely able to focus on their own survival. Korra was too injured to use her bending and Asami didn't have her weapons to fend off against a Blood Circle member. This was the worst possible situation the two friends could be in.

They didn't have much time till Owl would penetrate their small defense, so Asami didn't plan on staying. Lucky for them, Asami is an incredible genius. Noticing a pile of clothing, an open window within her peripheral vision, and some highly flammable chemicals within the cramped vicinity, she uses the objects nearby to plan their escape. Concocting a chemical mixture while tearing the clothes into a sturdy rope, Asami tied Korra on her back as she prepared to exit through the window.

Just as Owl froze the barrier completely brittle, the unidentified villain barged into the room. Seeing the two friends making their get-away, Owl considered chasing after them but quickly changed his mind as he noticed the chemicals rumbling in high succession. Realizing it's actually a bomb, Owl made a quick escape of his own while Asami gilded Korra out of harm's way.

With the chemicals combined completely, it ruptured the entire room into nothing but ashes. Although her escape was brilliant, Asami and Korra weren't entirely safe as Fox, the other Blood Circle member, appeared in front of them. Fox began throwing her set of ice spears towards them, giving Asami no time to dodge. However, this didn't matter as the panicked people nearby ran into the incoming projectiles, blocking the potential danger for the two victims. This gave Asami enough time to carry Korra out into the crowded streets of Republic City and away from the hospital.

Frustrated, Fox screamed with rage and chased after the two runaways.

"What's going on?" Korra stated.

"It's okay Korra, I'm gonna get you out of this." Asami reassured Korra.

Making a run for the crowded city, Asami started using the buildings to her advantage, hiding from the masked figures as much as possible. However, it didn't seem to work. Every corner Asami tried turning to, she would either run into one of the two villains. Entering a long alleyway, Asami and Korra were trapped as the two villains pincered the both of them. Without any clever plans to escape and with Korra still in deep pain, Asami was able to do nothing but raise her fists, preparing herself for an unfair fight.