Chapter 14: Something I need to do.

A month has gone by and not a sign of Asami nor Iron Bloods since. Lin and Kya enter into the hospital of a bedridden Kuvira, testing her new prosthetic arm. While Kuvira is a very strong metal bender, she is still struggling to do daily tasks with just one arm. With a cup of tea in front of her, Kuvira tries to use her powers to pick up a cup in front of her. Lin and Kya knew Kuvira hadn't been able to hold one properly and acknowledged a dozen paper cups, crushed against the floor. While Kuvira is trying to use metal bending to control her arm, she is only half the bender she once was.

Lin and Kya let themselves in as Kuvira manages to loop her metallic fingers around the cup. She tries to concentrate on holding the cup with her prosthetic arm but crushes it once more after losing focus. Keeping herself calm, she uses her remaining hand to clean the mess she caused and starts testing herself with another cup. Lin and Kya see Kuvira hard at practice and tries to help her recover.

"You've been at that for over a month now. How you are feeling." Kya asked.

"Not well..." Kuvira mentioned.

"You shouldn't push yourself too hard." Kya stated.

"I wish that was an option, however, Asami has been missing for over a month." Kuvira retorted.

Kuvira changes the overall topic as she is more concerned about Korra's emotional state.

"How is Korra?" Kuvira asked.

"Not good, she's been staying up late ever since. She's barely sleeping, trying to find more about the Iron Bloods." Lin said.

"Well she knows where to start but I doubt she's able to find anything... Can you give me the report on each member?" Kuvira demanded.

"You aren't part of this case... I'm sorry you lost your arm but this mission doesn't concern you." Lin replied.

"It does now. I may lose an arm, but Korra is about to lose the person she loves. Besides, Korra's an idiot compared to me. If you think Korra is gonna solve the case for you, then you're mistaken. To find where they are, you're going to need my help." Kuvira argued.

Feeling reluctant, Lin pulls out a file from her bag as she hands Kuvira the files on each member. Even though Kuvira was a former criminal, and dictator, she was the smartest person Lin could currently ask for advice. Scouring through the reports and images, Kuvira had noticed something suspicious. Checking the timings of each attack, Kuvira created a hypothesis.

"When did these members first make their appearance?" Kuvira asked.

"I'm not sure... Su is the one that got this information for me. I'm not sure how she got her hands on this." Lin stated.

"While some parts of these reports are wrong, I can't help to notice something weird." Kuvira pointed out.

Everyone remained silent, waiting for Kuvira's answer.

"Suyin started investigating a week after Mako and Bolin died. It was within this week Suyin found these new members roaming around. However, unlike Bishop and Oni who seemed keen on killing people for their religion, the other members aren't as zealous. In fact, the only people that purposely caused civilian harm were Bishop and Oni." Kuvira mentioned.

"And your point is...?" Lin asked.

"That all these attacks are not aimed at the masses, they're aimed at Korra specifically." Kuvira stated.

"Well she is the Avatar, so how does that help? Everyone we've fought wanted to kill or at the very least harm the Avatar; including you." Lin retorted.

"I'm saying that these members are specifically targeting Korra herself, regardless if she's the Avatar or not. Usually, Korra is the one that gets in the way of her villains but this time the villains are getting in her way." Kuvira stated.