Chapter 11: Rushed Love.

It's early in the afternoon as Asami wakes up from the blaring sounds of car honks and bell chimes. Reminiscent of the commotion, Asami realizes today is Chinese New Year. She rushes over to Korra and gently shakes her. The Avatar wakes up, constantly blinking her eyes as she tries to adjust her vision to the sun-lit room.

"What the hell is that noise?" Korra asked.

"It's the New Year festival!" Asami stated.

Being from the countryside, Korra never cared about the popularity of the festival and decided to go back to sleep. Eager to spend the day with her girlfriend, Asami continues to nudge Korra, begging for them to go.

"C'mon Korra, I want to go!" Asami whined.

Squinting at her lover, Korra grunts as she gets up from bed with a sore anus and droopy eyes. Looking at the broken mirror towards her right, Korra uses the little reflection to notice she hasn't showered in days. Her hair was messy with the scars in her body remaining dirty and brown. Using the excuse to leave for the festival, Korra takes the opportunity to take a proper bath before leaving.

"Well, if we want to leave for the festival, we can't go out smelling like this." Korra answered.

Happy to hear Korra's compromise, Asami dashes downstairs, using the spare bathroom in her apartment while Korra uses the one in Asami's room. The two friends quickly bathed themselves, covering every nook and cranny with body soap and covering their entire hair with shampoo. Cleansing themselves of any signs of sexual sins, Korra and Asami reunited with each other fully clothed.

The streets were blaring with joy and entertainment as vendors flooded the narrow streets. Korra was shocked to see this many people as the streets were empty a couple of hours ago. Mentioning this minor observation to her girlfriend, Asami gives a perfect explanation as to why.

"Last night the streets were empty. Now it seems like everyone is here." Korra examined.

"That's because everyone wants to wake up early in the morning to get as many customers as possible. It's a business tradition." Asami explained.

Korra is barely able to contain her awe while looking at all the intriguing items that were being sold. From food stalls to cheap everyday households, Korra can sense the liveliness within Republic City. Looking around, Korra felt like a little child, roaming around the streets. As Korra walked further and further down the crowded path, she started to get more and more excited.

While Korra was able to hide her own frenzy, Asami was barely able to keep herself under control as this is the first time she ever went with someone else other than her mother. When Asami was little, she didn't have any friends to go with for these types of occasions and instead went with her mother. Running the company all by himself, Asami's father barely had time to attend to these occasions, leaving the two family members to go by themselves.

Ever since her mother died, Asami barely remembered the amusement of Chinese New Year. Asami had forgotten about those simple days from childhood as she never attended another festival since her mother's passing. Joining the party with Korra, however, Asami's repressed memories hit her like a truck as every single moment of nostalgia flashed instantly. Tears of joy were shed that day as Asami had finally reunited with an event that once filled her childhood with delight. Previously, Asami had always wanted to go, but never found the time nor the special person until now.

Taking a look at Korra, who was admiring the view, Asami had realized this was everything she ever wanted. While Asami never believed in the existence of a divine being, her scientific mind could only comprehend this moment as a one in a million possibility; and she had struck the jackpot!