Chapter 12: Bishop

Falling against the carpet floor, Opal starts to excrete blood from her chest as the icicle plunges deep towards her heart. As her sister falls towards the ground, the minuscule bliss of a normal life that Kuvira once felt had swept away from her. Kuvira lifted her fists in front of her face, causing a piece of the apartment floor to rise. Barricading her friends, Kuvira then uses the nearby pipes within the walls and launches them towards Fox. As the beam accelerates towards the animal-faced figure, Fox freezes the humid air, creating an ice wall. The wall obstructs the pipes, allowing her to escape.

With Fox making her leave, Kuvira rushes over to Opal, attempting to aid her sister. Korra does the best she can to sustain Opal's life. Using the faucet from the kitchen sink, Korra obtains as much water as she possibly can and attempts to heal the injured air bender using her water bending techniques. Korra waves her arms back and forth, hoping the injury would disappear, but only manages to reduce the amount of blood loss.

Asami sits on her knees as she lays Opal's head against them. Trying to keep Opal awake and conscious, Asami taps against the young female's face.

"C'mon Opal, stay with me!" Asami screamed.

Blood spills from Opal's mouth as tears fall against her cheeks.

"I don't want to die." Opal stated.

"You're not going to. Everything is going to be fine." Asami claimed.

Looking up against her chest, Opal knew her time within the real world was limited. She realized it was pointless for her to cling to life as she slowly lost her five senses. Her perception of reality disappeared one by one as the cold dagger plunged deeper and deeper into her heart. Trying to reduce the bleeding, Asami ripped a piece of her shirt and used the torn cloth to apply pressure. This didn't stop Opal's pulse from fading.

As she stares up against her ceiling, Opal starts to hallucinate. While the ceiling was dark and bleak, Opal saw a clear blue sky with sakura leaves falling towards the ground. The atmosphere was white and soothing as Opal is incapable of hearing a single sound. While Korra, Asami, and Kuvira yell for Opal's attention, she doesn't hear a single plea of her name.

Opal sees a pigmentation of a tall young man dressed in green turning her eyes to the side. His hair was short and black, while his skin was beige. From Opal's perspective, it was Bolin. From here, Opal knew she was dead and he seemed content as she reached for her fiance's hand. Finally reuniting with her lover, the two begin to chat about their lost times. After a full year of separation, Bolin and Opal's spirit had finally reunited. The two hugged each other as their spirits faded into light.

In the real world, however, things weren't as pretty as Opal envisioned it. Blood flooded out her chest as she mumbled to herself. Korra, Kuvira, and Asami watched as Opal's sanity faded away along with her soul. Reaching for Bolin, Opal raises her hand high in the air as she stutters Bolin's name.

"Bolin... Bolin..." Opal whispered.

"Stop talking, Opal! You're gonna make it!" Korra stated.

Judging from the facial expression alone, Kuvira knew Opal was dead. Kuvira realized Opal was reaching into the spirit world as her soul faded away from this world. It didn't take much for her to figure Opal was already dead as she only needed to examine Opal's body condition. Blood covered the entire carpet behind her as her skin grew paler and paler by the second. The pupils in her eyes slowly disappeared as Opal's lips were completely dry. Opal's breathing decelerates with her lungs flattening. It was 12:30 a.m and Opal was found deceased.

While Kuvira had accepted her sister's death, Korra and Asami had refused it. Afraid of losing another friend again, Korra continues to focus on her bending while Asami pulls out a syringe from her bag. Reading the label, Kuvira noticed it was adrenaline and Asami had planned to use the chemicals to maintain Opal's consciousness and increase her heart rate. Attempting to implant the drugs into Opal's corpse, Kuvira grabbed Asami's hands before she could make the injection.