Chapter 16: Nothern Water Tribe.

Korra, Lin, Kuvira and Kya exit the boat as they finally arrive at the Northern Water tribe. It didn't take them long to get there as Varrick's new line of commercial boats now travels ten times faster than normal. Kuvira starts feeling a sharp pain against her shoulder and realizes the painkillers are starting to wear off. Trying to maintain composure, she decides to ignore it, heading down the loading docks.

Water only surrounded the four foreigners without a single trace of asphalt nor car to be seen.

After departing from the boat, Desna and Eska greeted them at their home estate. Removing themselves off the boat, everyone bows their heads as they return the greetings to the current rulers of the Northern water tribe.

"It's great to see you again Korra." Desna stated.

"It's great to see you too, Prince Desna." Korra replied.

"I heard about Mako and Bolin...." Eska commented.

"We heard about your friend Opal as well. I'm sorry for your loss." Desna stated.

"Your condolences are much appreciated." Korra replied.

As the two siblings lead the investigators to their castle, Kuvira starts having suspicions of the two siblings as they seem vaguely familiar. While Kuvira is very cautious, she doesn't utter a single word as she continues to observe her surroundings. Meanwhile, Lin starts pulling out a notepad and a pen as she jots down some questions for the twins to answer.

The atmosphere was cold as snowfall scattered throughout the ground, turning into ice. With the sun gone, the only form of visible lighting provided was the Nordic Lights dancing against the black sky.

Kuvira stared against the dark heaven above her, taking a deep breath and absorbing the bleak, winter air into her lungs. She's currently attempting to distract herself with different thoughts, ignoring the pain that aches from her arm. Closing her eyes and standing still, she imagines what Su's reaction would be if she was standing beside her. Creating a pigmentation of her stepmother, Kuvira starts having a one on one conversation with her own subconsciousness.

"It's pretty out here. You would've loved it." Kuvira mentioned.

"I do..." Su stated.

"Where do you want to go next?" Kuvira inquired to herself.

"Perhaps, the Southern Water Tribe. I've never got a chance to enjoy cold weather like this. Besides, I always wanted an excuse to travel all around the world." Su stated.

"I can't disagree." Kuvira claimed.

Kuvira's moment gets interrupted as Korra calls out her name. Shaking her head, Kuvira turns over to her right and notices her mother's visage no longer standing beside her.

"Kuvira, are you coming?" she asked.

Kuvira grabbed the suitcase she brought from the hospital and followed behind the Avatar.

Entering the central palace, Desna gives the foreigners a tour. While the blue interior was marvelous and shined like sapphires, Korra began ignoring the pointless tour guide as thoughts of Asami's whereabouts began to worry her. Just as Desna guides the guests into their room, Korra immediately intervenes in Desna's conversation.

"Your highness, I don't mean to be rude but we were wondering if you could help us with something?" Korra inquired.

"Anything for our friend Avatar." Desna stated.

Just behind Desna, Kuvira noticed Eska grunting from some pain. To her, it didn't seem Eska was displeased with sharp or burning pain like she was but rather something emotional. While it was subtle, it was something Kuvira and Lin kept note of.