Chapter 3

Few days later:

'Oh my god I'm so late!' Jasmin kept thinking again as she missed her daily bus to the office. She kept trying to book a cab or anything, but nothing was going according to her, and knowing Mumbai's weather it started to rain as well.

"Bas yahi baaki tha na." She said it out loud.

Suddenly she heard someone honking at her, thinking of giving that person a piece of her mind, she stomped over and knocked at the driver's window, "Itni zor se horn kyu baj- Aly? What are you doing here?"

"Hi Jasmin. I was just passing by fir tumhe dekha toh I thought ek baar bula leta hu." He said while checking her out. "You're going to office?"

"Haan, but I missed my bus yaar, upar se koi cab auto kuch bhi nhi mil raha hai." She whined about how late she is for work.

"Aaja mein drop kar dunga, abhi waise bhi free hu, time kill karne ke liye mein idhar udhar ghum raha tha." He said while opening the car door for her.

"Pakka koi problem toh nahi hogi na?" She asked him.

"Nahi baba, aur waise bhi I couldn't leave you out here, aur baarish bhi dekh kitni tez ho rahi hai."

Once Jasmin told him where he had to drop her, a comfortable silence wrapped them up with some bollywood songs playing in the background.

Aly soon stopped the car outside her office and before she got down he said pointing at the building across hers, "Ek baat batau? Yeh jo building hai na, that's where I work."

"Really? That's so nice na. If you want we can meet each other during lunch time or something waise bhi I don't know many people from my office so I thought it'll be better agar apan dono mil le?" She asked shyly.

Aly grinned, "Isme puchne wali kya baat hai, definitely milte hai but I've got a meeting with some people at lunch, how about I'll drive you back? in fact you tell me ki when do you get off, I'll drop you at your house."

"Usually it's around 6pm but kabhi kabhi boss asks me to stay for some work."

He thought and said, "Ek kaam kar, leave me a message 15 minutes before you get off and I'll come and pick you up."

"Umm, ok aisa karte hai. Aur mein abhi late ho rahi hu toh baad mein baat karenge. Byeeee." She rushed out of the car.

___________________________

The whole day she spent trying to focus and get her work done early, even going as far as cutting her break time in half so that she could be free. Around 6pm, her phone's notification went off signalling a message- "I'm outside. You're done with today?" From Aly.

"Yup. Be there in 5 min." She replied to his text.

"Hii Jasmin." Aly said to her, and gave her a side hug.

"Aagaya tu! Yay, ab I don't have to look for a taxi in this weather, dekh raha hai kitna zyaada badal hai sky mein?" She said while pointing above.

He started the car and laughed at her and said, "Yeh hai meri value? Baarish se bachane ke kaam aaunga ab bas?"

"Nahi nahi, maine aisa kab bola, you toh are becoming one of my good friends over here. Thoda advantage lena toh banta hai." She replied slyly.

"Chale ab?" Aly asked while nudging her.

"Toh itni der se idhar hi baithe hai? Kya kar raha hai yaar. Challll."