Chapter 14

Jasmin walks into the café

Ok now picture this, the time is 5:15pm, the sun is going down leaving a beautiful pink-orangish hue, and in walks Jasmin, with that glow on her. The café had an open deck, where you could sit closer to the beach, so she stood at the edge of it and got her phone out to text him that she's arrived.

Hi. I've reached. ~Jasmin

Give me 10 minutes, stuck in traffic. ~Ahaan

She roamed around, trying to soak up the beauty of the place, when a waiter walks up to her, "Hello, table for one?"

She shook her head, "No, table for two please."

The waiter then ushered her to her seat, there was a high table and high chairs. She sat down, opened and closed apps on her phone, not knowing what to do. Her hand unconsciously FaceTimed Aly. He picked up on the second ring.

"Kya hua Jasmin? Sab theek toh hai?" He asked her, since he was driving he couldn't look at her face. "Haan Aly, I'm alright. Par woh abhi nahi aaya. He said traffic mein atak gaya." She pouted.

Aly looked at his screen and seeing her pout like that, he thought of turning around abs going back to her. "Dekh le, don't wait for too long." He warned her.

"Haan, I know. Accha tu yeh dekh." She moved her phone around, "kitni pyaari jagah hai yeh. Apan kyu nahi aaye hai kabhi?" She sounded like she was scolding him.

He laughed at her, "Arre I forgot about this. Agli baar tujhe pakka se yahi lekar aaunga. Thik hai?"

"You better, huh?" And then she started talking about how she can get good photos clicked, and she'll dress up specially one day to do it.

"Haan, tu yeh sab karna, pehle yeh dekh ki woh aaya ya nahi?" He told her to message him one more time.

"Ok, one second." She minimised the app and texted him.

You've still not reached? ~Jasmin

She did not get any reply from him. "Aly isne toh reply hi nahi diya. Kya karu? Should I ask him one more time?"

"Nahi, rehne de usse. Agar aana hota toh woh aa chuka hota." Aly shook his head in anger, wondering how could someone stand up such a beautiful girl like her.

He decided to go back to her as a surprise, "Accha sun Jasmin, mein ghar aagaya hu. Tu dekh ki woh aata hai ya nahi. Mujhe bta dena ok?"

She nodded her head and cut the call. Again all alone, she could feel people's stares, as though they are taunting her that she got stood up. She got all emotional, thinking how she shouldn't have gotten all dressed up, and maybe even how she had a little hope about this meet up. She shook her head, trying to bottle up her emotions.

Jasmin then decided to go back home when it had crossed 5:45. She didn't want to stick around, and even if Ahaan did show up, she was not in the mood to even listen to him. She got down from her chair, picked up her purse and was about to go out when she noticed Aly walking through the door.

The happiness she felt at that moment, it couldn't be described, she was giddy all over seeing him, and couldn't even control herself to wait for him. She ran across the deck and jumped into his arms. She buried her face in his neck and sighed. "Tu aaya mere liye?"

The emotions took over, and Aly could feel those little sobs coming from her. He wrapped his arms tighter around her, trying to shh her, and whispered in her ear, "Tere liye nahi aaunga toh kis ke liye aaunga meri jaan?" He kissed her cheek, not moving his lips from there. "Tujhe akele kaise chodta mein?" He asked her.