Chapter 18

"Kya boli tu?" Aly wanted to scream at her, shake her into her senses, but before anyone could say anything, the driver had pulled up, honking at them to hurry up, "Bhaisaab, yaha par sirf doh minute ruk sakte hai, uske baad charges lagte hai."

Aly then picked up both his and Jasmin's bag and kept it in the boot. They sat down in the car and drove towards the hotel. "Jasmin?" Aly looked at her in disappointment and got his phone out, checking different hotels nearby. "Aly kya kar raha hai?" Jasmin took his phone away and closed it.

"Yaar Jasmin, tune uncle aunty, kisi ko nahi bataya ki you're bringing a friend with you. Ab mein kaise jaunga unke saamne, upar se hotel mein shaadi ka matlab hota hai ki you need to book the rooms pehle se. Ab? Problem nahi hogi kisi ko?" Aly kept going, he tried to take his phone back from her.

"Aly mein bhul gayi, aur tujhe koi dusra hotel dhundhne ki zarurat nahi hai. I'll ask for those twin bed wala room, share kar lenge." Jasmin tried to sweet talk him, Aly just raised his brow at her, a silent challenge in his eyes. "See Jasmin, I don't want ki meri wajah se uncle aunty ko kuch sunna pad jaaye. Toh agar halka sa bhi ajeeb lagega, mein nikal jaunga."

She nodded at him, "Thik hai." Aly just "Hmm" at her and turned towards the road. Jasmin tried to pulled on his sleeve, focus on the word tried, Aly didn't budge a single inch. "Alyyyy idhar dekh na." She blew him a kiss when he turned a little. Aly felt a blush forming on his cheeks, and when he noticed the driver glancing at them, he pulled Jasmin to his chest placing his finger on her lips. "Chup reh."

After a drive of 15 minutes, they reached to the hotel, Rambagh Palace, both had their faces stuck to the window, like little children. The driver stopped the car at the reception and got their bags out, Aly gave him a tip thanking him for the ride and they entered the hotel.

They felt the strong gush of the air conditioner on their faces as soon as they entered, Jasmin saw her parents at the reception desk, waiting for her and she ran towards them yelling, "Mumma Papa!" She gave them a big hug, her father then gave he...

They felt the strong gush of the air conditioner on their faces as soon as they entered, Jasmin saw her parents at the reception desk, waiting for her and she ran towards them yelling, "Mumma Papa!" She gave them a big hug, her father then gave her forehead a soft kiss, "Welcome beta." Jasmin could see the tears forming in her dad eyes, she mumbled "Papa." and wrapped her arms around him.

Aly stood on the side and kept watching them, he suddenly felt the urge to be with his parents. Jasmin's mother then noticed Aly, "Beta aap kaun?"

Aly bent to her feet and said, "Namaste aunty, mein Aly." Her mother touched his head giving her blessings and welcomed him, "Haan. Jasmin ne bataya ki tum log Mumbai mein mile the na? Aur ab dost bhi ho."

Aly glanced at Jasmin, and nodded at Aunty, "Haan. Ek din aise hi mil gaye the, aur tabse dost hai." Her mother then took him to meet Jasmin's father, he touched his feet too, "Namaste Uncle."

Uncle had one arm around Jasmin's shoulders and with the other he offered a handshake to Aly, "Namaste beta." Aly felt his hand being squeezed tighter than what is normal, but he kept a smile on his face, trying not to show any pain.