Chapter 4

1 hour later

Aly wakes up to find Jasmin laying on him completely in deep sleep, with the rain finally coming to a stop. He realises what it would look like when she wakes up and decides to pick her up and place her on the now empty sofa and leaves the café.

Jasmin feels someone tapping her shoulder, on opening her eyes she see's it's the waiter from earlier telling her that it's closing time. She looks around to see that she slept for 2 hours and Aly was nowhere to be found. Feeling angry and embarrassed she picks up her phone, books a cab and left the café.

Once she reached home, the embarrassment part left, leaving her only filled with anger. She decides that she will not call him and won't speak to him until he gives a reason and apologises for what he did.

_________________________

On the weekend:

It was Friday evening now, and the last time she spoke to Aly was on Monday when he left her at the café.

Jasmin's phone rings startling her, as she was lost in her thoughts, picking up the call she notices it's from Rahul, "Hi Rahul, kaisa hai? Yaad aagayi meri?"

Rahul on the other side of the phone nervously asked her, "Hi Jasmin, mein thik hu, woh kya hai ki I'm planning a surprise dinner for Disha aur mujhe teri help chahiye thi."

"Haa bol na. Disha ke liye I'm ready."

"The thing is I need the house empty and all but tu aur baaki sab girls kal usse shopping and pampering day pe le jaoge? And behind her I'll decorate the place. Please na mat bolna. Aur Bharti, Nidhi bhi aarahi hai." Rahul said.

"Sure, mein waise bhi milne ke liye bol ne hi wali thi, yeh chance bhi sahi hai. Mein abhi Bharti se baat karke sab confirm karti hu. Tu chinta mat kar." Jasmin assured him that the plan will go smoothly and disconnected the call.

She then texts Bharti to confirm the timings and place to meet up for the next day and went to bed. (She had nothing to do- just like me)

___________________________

At the mall:

"Jasmin sun, idhar aa, yeh dekh na kitna pyaara lag raha hai, tere pe bohot acche se suit hoga

"Jasmin sun, idhar aa, yeh dekh na kitna pyaara lag raha hai, tere pe bohot acche se suit hoga." Bharti called out to Jasmin, showing her rack after racks of dresses.

"Bharti mera ho gaya hai, mujhe aur nahi lena, waise bhi mein date pe nahi, Disha jaa rahi hai. Uske liye dhundho." Jasmin replied giggling.

"Chal Disha ab apan dono hi ek dusre ka sahara hai, in dono ko chod de." Bharti said sulkingly.

"Haan Nidhi, chal apan mall ka chakkar maar kar aate hai, fir sab food court par milenge. Thik hai?" She left with Nidhi once she got affirmations from everyone.

While browsing through shops, she see's Aly standing in the shop with Natalia, his arms around her waist and she was bringing clothes upto his body to check the sizes.

Jasmin just wanted to leave quietly without being seen by him as this was not the place to lash out on him. As she was passing by, trying her best to be subtle, her eyes were on him, not in front of her where there's a big sign saying 'Wet Floor-Caution', and being the clumsy ditz she is, her foot slipped on the floor, resulting for her to put all the pressure on her other foot.

A crack resonated around her, and after the adrenaline went down, the pain shot up, making her scream out in pain. Aly hearing the scream, turned towards the noise and saw Jasmin on the floor with Nidhi trying and failing miserably to get her up.

He rushed towards her, picked her up and placed her on the nearby bench. He squatted in front of her to check the injury- even though he knew nothing about these injuries- before he could touch her ankle, he heard sobs coming from her. Looking up he saw her crying in her hands and slowly started to whisper things in her ear like- 'sab theek hai Jasmin', 'tujhe kuch nahi hua hai', 'tu toh bohot strong hai na?', 'upar dekh meri sherni' the last one he did not know where did that come from.

The fear that came from within was very unknown to him, he swore to do anything to get rid of her pain. Thinking quickly he asked Nidhi to call the rest of the girls and get them to the parking lot area. He then asked Jasmin if she could stand on her feet.

Jasmin was trying her best to not put much pressure on Aly while walking but he could see right through her and wrapped his arm around her, took all of her weight over him and got her to his car.

Making Jasmin sit in the front seat, he went to Natalia who was walking right behind them, and told her to call up at the nearest hospital so that they could prepare for their arrival. They had to leave Natalia behind as she was not fond of hospitals, she said "Umm you guys go ahead, I'll take a cab for home."

Aly didn't have much time on his hands so he just nodded and left with Jasmin in his car and the rest of the girls in the other car.

It took them approximately 30 minutes in there, the doctor said her injury was a minor one and she just needed to take care of herself with some pain relief balms and bandages.

Bharti, Nidhi and Disha parted ways from the hospital as Aly insisted that he'll drop her. About a few minutes in to the drive he asked her, "Jasmin, how did u fall down? Because maine dekha tu chupke se nikal ne ki koshish kar rahi thi."

She replied sheepishly, "Yes, I was trying to avoid, tum uss din bhi aise nikal gaye the, toh mujhe nhi aana tere saamne. Aur sneak karte karte maine sign dekha hi nahi ki the floor was wet."

He wanted to scold her, but seeing her cute and tired face he just said, "Yaar Jasmin aisi harkaten kyu karti hai? Aur waise bhi I wanted to say sorry ki mein uss din tujhe chod ke chala gaya tha. Actually hua yeh tha ki uth te hi mujhe thoda awkward laga, toh I thought ki tujhe bhi lagega, isiliye mein nikal gaya tha."

"Hmmm, thik hai, but aisa agli baar kabhi hua na, toh maine tera muh tod dena hai Aly." She tried to threaten him.

Aly found it cute how her small frame is threatening to beat him up, and he couldn't help but let out a laugh at her. "Chal bey, maaregi mujhe? Dekhte hai."

She pouted in her seat, "kyu? Mein kyu nahi maar sakti? Waise hi bata du I'm yellow belt in karate!" She said while making hand gestures and noises.

"Accha, mujhe kitna darr lag raha hai, dekh mere haath kaamp rahe hai." He said while pointing at his hands and laughing.

"Yaar Aly tu bohot ganda hai, mujhe nahi baat karni tere se, in fact yahi drop karde mujhe." She pointed at a café.

As the car was slowing down she thought he was really dropping her in the middle- "Sacchi mein idhar hi chod raha hai?"

He shook his head and said, "Arre pagal, kyu drop karunga aise, aage traffic heavy hai isiliye dheere kiya, jhatka nahi lag sakta na, on your foot."

"Tu iss baar bach gaya, agli baar dekhungi tujhe mein." She again tried to make a serious face and threaten him, he saw her face and started laughing at her.

After a long drive and lots of banters going back and forth between those two, he finally reached at her building, just as he was about to take her inside, she asked him not to, as the society people were very conservative and didn't like seeing boys drop off girls and all.

She bid him a goodnight , a small kiss on the cheek and limped out of the parking area.